Dirty MAF caused by K&N FIPK II

FrankeSVT

Enthusiast
Established Member
Every 1000 miles or so I have to clean my MAF due to the K&N FIPK kit. The oil based filter is making the MAF dirty and causes the car to not drive as smooth. Every time I clean the MAF the car drives so smooth and I can tell a slight difference in fuel economy.

My question to you, is there a better filter I can get to avoid this problem?

03 VENOM

Established Member
Search....Amsoil makes oil free filters, they don't have an exact replacement for the k&n fipk but they have one that's close..

03 VENOM

Established Member
I don't remember off hand the part #. But I got rid of my K&N and bought the JLT budget HP kit. Amsoil makes the exact same size air filter for that

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
I never have any problems with my FIPK on my truck and when I ran it on the Cobra... You might be over oiling it! Just saying.

FrankeSVT

Enthusiast
Established Member
That is what I originally thought as well. So I got the cleaner kit and completely removed all the oil and applied a very small amount and I still have the same problem.

fast ford brian

Established Member
Are you giving it plenty of time to dry after cleaning and again after oiling ? I have been rushed before and had issues with the MAF getting oiled up .

Tractionless1

Established Member
Amsoil for me, not on an FIPK kit though. I've had tons of problems with K+N's right out of the box oiling up MAF's causing horrid MPG issues with 3 platforms now. Never again!

Users who are viewing this thread