Dipstick Header clearance issue.

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
So I installed a pair of ARH LT's on my 04 Cobra, now my issue is the damn dipstick can not fit back on :/. My question is, am I missing something or do I have ti bend it immensely to fit it, or is there a relocation kit of some sort for this issue. Thanks alot

01yellercobra

Established Member
I know with my Bassanis I wasn't able to get the dip stick out with the headers in place. I think I had it in place but loose when I installed them. I remember I tried to pull it out to replace the o-ring and couldn't get it out. I ended up cutting it and going with a Lokar.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
I know with my Bassanis I wasn't able to get the dip stick out with the headers in place. I think I had it in place but loose when I installed them. I remember I tried to pull it out to replace the o-ring and couldn't get it out. I ended up cutting it and going with a Lokar.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk
Well tomorrow going to give it another go, so lets see what happens

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I have ARH 1 3/4 headers. My dipstick went in easy. I put it in from the top. in between the two middle primaries. Wiggle it around and its in no problem.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
IMG_8369.JPG
heres mine in. Didn't have to bend it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
were you able to install it with the headers in place? Im pretty sure both SLP and Kooks it had to be put in mid install

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I use the Lokar stainless braided one too. It's not worth fighting the factory one and depending on your headers you may have no choice.

Just make sure you compare the Lokar cable to your stocker before installing. It ships with the center cable a little long which would stick down low and tell you you're full of oil when you're low. You need to line up next to the stock unit and see how far out the bottom of the tube it sticks and then adjust. You undo an allen bolt up top and move the cable back and forth (often have to cut it a tad shorter with a dremel) then lock in place at correct height.

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
I use the Lokar stainless braided one too. It's not worth fighting the factory one and depending on your headers you may have no choice.

Just make sure you compare the Lokar cable to your stocker before installing. It ships with the center cable a little long which would stick down low and tell you you're full of oil when you're low. You need to line up next to the stock unit and see how far out the bottom of the tube it sticks and then adjust. You undo an allen bolt up top and move the cable back and forth (often have to cut it a tad shorter with a dremel) then lock in place at correct height.
Thanks alot for the needed info, I just bought the lokar from summit racing, should be here friday.

Users who are viewing this thread