Dinner Ideas?

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
I know there are some good chefs on here, or at least amateur/recreational chefs. Anyone have any good ideas what I can whip up for dinner, for my wife and I? Brief recipe helps also

Who are you kiddin' bud.

You can't cook. :lol:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I had chili dogs :( My anooz will be hurting tomorrow.

One of my favorite dishes is Fettucini alfedo with chicken or shrimp. I had a girl cook it for me and I think I came a little.

Last edited:

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How challenging of dishes do you want? I have an abundance of recipes from when I went to Culinary School and just gathering them over time. They range from easy to pretty skilled. What type are you looking for?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
How challenging of dishes do you want? I have an abundance of recipes from when I went to Culinary School and just gathering them over time. They range from easy to pretty skilled. What type are you looking for?

as this is a public forum and many of us are probably reading and taking notes. How about what the "average" household could prepare and maybe a little more for those that are more skilled than myself :beer:

_GuRu_

Established Member
:lol1:

Nah... I'm just coming up on 10 years of marriage. The dish works even better if you're home before she is...get the aroma going as she gets home......immediate mood changer.

Works like a charm. :)

I have more stuff if you're interested. Some of it gets a little more involved on the prep side. I was just figuring you wanted something quick.

Thanks for the suggestion Troy, I made it with some caesar salad and crab cakes. It came out great! Oh and Black04 im a changed man, I can cook, I just choose not to ;-)

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
as this is a public forum and many of us are probably reading and taking notes. How about what the "average" household could prepare and maybe a little more for those that are more skilled than myself :beer:

As I am at work and not at home, here is one I made the other day when I was hungry.

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Chicken Cutlets
Ham (Your choice)
Swiss Cheese
Panko Bread Crumbs
Rosemary (About 1/2 tsp.)
Eggs
Flour

Very easy recipe, and quick. Just takes a few minutes for prep.

Go ahead and slightly pound out the Cutlets until they are about 1/4" thick. Try to keep them in a normal shape without getting them to oblong. Once you have them where you want, go ahead and layer the chicken with a couple slices of ham, then a layer of cheese and so forth. For some, it may be easier to slice the ham and cheese into thin strips to help with the rolling. Pull in the sides of the chicken and keep the wrap tight, roll it all together.

Once you roll it all together, go ahead and insert a few toothpicks to help hold it all together.

When you are ready, set up your basic breading station. You will want 3 dishes or bowls laid out. One with Flour, seasoned, second will contain your egg wash and the third will contain the bread crumbs with the Rosemary. Coat the chicken in the Flour Mixture and dust off any extra. Once you have done this, go ahead and dip the chicken in the egg wash being sure to cover the whole chicken. After this, go ahead and coat it with the bread crumbs.

Now you are pretty much done. Go ahead and place in a preheated 350* degree oven for about 15-20 min.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Shrimp & Artichoke Heart Pasta

Spaghetti pasta
1lb of shrimp
2 cans of artichoke hearts
Ear of garlic
Diced tomato
Italian seasoning
Olive oil
White Wine sauce (1/4 cup I think)
Rosemary
Salt & Pepper

I forget the actual recipe, but if you look at it, you'll be able to tell the quantities of each. I had it the other night, and it was great.

However, if you're lookin' for something easy!? I just had sloppy joes for lunch. A pound of meat and a can of Manwich....you're good to go!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread