Difference between the Mustang GT and F-150 5.0L Engine?!?!?!?!?!?

trakit

Established Member
Everything I have researched says it is just the intake manifold that is different? Is that correct? same heads, cams, internals? What am I missing?

hitmix300

Established Member
If you would have "researched" a little more you would of stumbled across wikipedia.

PASTE =

A torque-biased variant of the Coyote is produced as an alternative to the EcoBoost V6 in the new F-150 pickup truck. The F150 5.0L receives a lower compression ratio (10.5:1), intake camshafts with less duration, cast iron exhaust manifolds, and revised cylinder heads and intake manifold (color change only, no difference in size or shape) intended to promote low-end and mid-range power and torque. The engine retains the Coyote's forged steel crank and piston-cooling jets but benefits from the addition of an external engine oil cooler similar to the Boss 302's. The changes result in the engine's peak horsepower dropping to 360 hp (268 kW; 365 PS) while torque remains the same as the Boss 302 at 380 lb·ft (520 N·m).

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
If you would have "researched" a little more you would of stumbled across wikipedia.

PASTE =

A torque-biased variant of the Coyote is produced as an alternative to the EcoBoost V6 in the new F-150 pickup truck. The F150 5.0L receives a lower compression ratio (10.5:1), intake camshafts with less duration, cast iron exhaust manifolds, and revised cylinder heads and intake manifold (color change only, no difference in size or shape) intended to promote low-end and mid-range power and torque. The engine retains the Coyote's forged steel crank and piston-cooling jets but benefits from the addition of an external engine oil cooler similar to the Boss 302's. The changes result in the engine's peak horsepower dropping to 360 hp (268 kW; 365 PS) while torque remains the same as the Boss 302 at 380 lb·ft (520 N·m).

Hardly anyone does research for themselves anymore. Drives me insane. Maybe it's just my personality and how I go about work/life but I'll research and research a subject to death until I can't find the info I am looking for or I simply do not understand. There is so much information out there, readily available to everyone and yet most do not use it. It gets old browsing forums and seeing the same topics brought up over and over.

I'm just being a cry baby but it's how I feel about it. /bitching

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Hardly anyone does research for themselves anymore. Drives me insane. Maybe it's just my personality and how I go about work/life but I'll research and research a subject to death until I can't find the info I am looking for or I simply do not understand. There is so much information out there, readily available to everyone and yet most do not use it. It gets old browsing forums and seeing the same topics brought up over and over.

I'm just being a cry baby but it's how I feel about it. /bitching

Forums must close Now! If it wasent for people asking the same thing over and over and over again there would be no need for a forum... Just saying..... loosen up you don't pay for the service.

Bud

Established Member
The f150 pullouts are getting to be decently priced on ebay, time to start seeing some JY-yote swaps.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Forums must close Now! If it wasent for people asking the same thing over and over and over again there would be no need for a forum... Just saying..... loosen up you don't pay for the service.

Very true! I guess I just expect too much from people by trying. I'll still complain. :lol:

Last edited:

trakit

Established Member
So what can it handle in regard to power compared to the stock Coyote? Differences with boost?

Torino500

Established Member
Last June I was at the Ford setup at the Fords at Carlisle Show and overheard a Ford “rep” telling a guy that there’s no difference between the F150’s 5.0L and the Mustang’s. I heard the guy mention that he had a 5.0L out of a newer F150 and wanted to swap it into his project.

The Ford rep said the difference is tuning. That Ford used a safe tune for running 87 octane, less advance on the cams, but there’s no difference internally. Then he said something like: “It’s amazing what they can do with computer tuning”. The rep told the guy to buy a Mustang intake with throttle body (I guess they’re different) and a Mustang computer and he’ll be at Mustang horsepower.

I guess that goes to show what the Ford car show reps know!

Users who are viewing this thread