Difference between 2.76 and 2.93 pulley

HPLouis

Established Member
Hi,
I've been reading Bob's site and I see that the 2.76 pulley that I have gives an estimate 14.4 boost and spins the blower at 17,899. The 2.93 is 13.5 estimated boost and spins at 16,860. I've read that the 2.93 is better since the boost is close to the 2.76 and it doesn't spin the blower as hard.

Is it worth is for me to sell the 2.76 and get a 2.93? I was thinking it might be a waste of money since I already have the 2.76. Would the 2.93 give me that much more relief as far as fuel pump and injector duty cycle, IAT2, spinning the blower, heat, etc. over the 2.76?

Thanks

HPLouis

Established Member
Waste of money, just keep the 2.76. I have both, no sotp difference.

Yeah, I kind of wish that a new pulley wasn't $115.00. To spend that kind of money and feel no difference isn't worth it. If it would drop my duty cycle by 10 points, that's a different story but I don't think it'll happen.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The 2.76 will give you more power and in cooler weather will hold just fine. If you have not done so your biggest benefit is a dual pass heat exchanger.

HPLouis

Established Member
The 2.76 will give you more power and in cooler weather will hold just fine. If you have not done so your biggest benefit is a dual pass heat exchanger.

The good thing is that this car is not a daily driver. This is the weekend car so if the weather is bad, hot, etc. the car will just sit in the garage.

I need to datalog my fuel and MAF again just to make sure it's up to the task.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The good thing is that this car is not a daily driver. This is the weekend car so if the weather is bad, hot, etc. the car will just sit in the garage.

I need to datalog my fuel and MAF again just to make sure it's up to the task.
Another thing you should do is add a bap with the upgraded wiring. With stock pumps and injectors it tends to lean up top when making the upper 475+ range which is very easy with a pulley/ k&N intake and exhaust.

HPLouis

Established Member
Another thing you should do is add a bap with the upgraded wiring. With stock pumps and injectors it tends to lean up top when making the upper 475+ range which is very easy with a pulley/ k&N intake and exhaust.

Yeah, I was hitting 96% fuel pump duty cycle at 6600 rpms with the 2.76. I'm gonna have to do some upgrades.....or shift are 4500 rpms

wckdvnm

Established Member

Not always the case, every car is different.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
There is a ton of great info on the site for the 03/04 cobra. Do some more searching around. But IMO the best mods for the bolt 03-04 cobras are K&N intake, billet flow 2.76 pulley, exhaust of your choice catless or high flow cats, dual pass heat exhanger(Gords, afco, LFP), kb bap with wiring upgrade, and a solid tune. That will keep the car safe and pull real nice safely.

Users who are viewing this thread