Diecast Model Replicas

RC-5.0

Established Member
Just curious:

I go to a lot of car shows, and I see guys with Diecast model replicas that look EXACTLY like the owner's car.
I did a search and found several diecast car companies, but I couldn't find anything except pre-made models. Just wondering how these guys get them to look exactly the same, including all the accents.

Thanks
RC

Zemedici

Established Member
Find the same model and just paint them the same.

Or they're build it yourself kits that you put together and can customize any way you can Imagine

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They're not terribly hard to paint/customize, but it does take some practice and a bit of know-how. And it depends on what level of customization you're looking for. Usually you'll have to disassemble the model to paint individual components. Then customize to match your own car as much as you can. Finding similar wheels, for example, might be difficult.

freakshow12

Established Member
It's not so hard to do. I build models and do some commission work. With 3d printing and resin casting now days anything can be done. Depending on the build mine go in the 500-1k range each

RC-5.0

Established Member
I didn't think you could build and customize your own Diecast model..only plastic ones. IDK how you would customize the rims though. I can see the paint.
Thanks for the info!
RC

Users who are viewing this thread