Die piggy die

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
LOL at the guys that are too delicate for pig baiting (pitbulls grabbing the animal is known as "baiting".) Pigs are 200 lb cockroaches, **** em.

Any other animal and I agree but if there is an animal that is tailor made for this it is the pig. I have passed on hunting mountain lion with dogs because it seems disrespectful to the animal.

BTW baiting is as old as the hills. It is why there are pitbulls, bulldogs, corsa canos, mastiff, rottweilers, etc. etc. American bulldogs were bred to bait runaway slaves which is crazy (I always wonder what to think when I see a black guy with an American bulldog).

I think this fits:
53697461.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Hilarious. You have no idea what you are talking about. Trust me, killing a pig with dogs and a knife is bad AF. They can shake the dogs, they are squirming around in the brush. You will get seriously ****ed up if the pits miss the pig and he comes at you. Ask anyone that has experience with, this is the exact opposite of being a pussy.

You are taking it the wrong way man. Never inferred that it was pussy. Definitely takes some level of balls, because yea, even with dogs, shit can go wrong. But what some are saying is that it’s not full badass. Like the dudes that go out in the brush on their own instead of a full crew and pack of dogs.

Not down playing it. Don’t get defensive.

All “I” care about is that you respect the craft. And don’t go out to torture for sheer enjoyment. There is a ton of great badass hunting and there is also a ton of shit shows. Be responsible is all I’m saying.

Last edited:

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
LOL at the guys that are too delicate for pig baiting (pitbulls grabbing the animal is known as "baiting".) Pigs are 200 lb cockroaches, **** em.

Any other animal and I agree but if there is an animal that is tailor made for this it is the pig. I have passed on hunting mountain lion with dogs because it seems disrespectful to the animal.

BTW baiting is as old as the hills. It is why there are pitbulls, bulldogs, corsa canos, mastiff, rottweilers, etc. etc. American bulldogs were bred to bait runaway slaves which is crazy (I always wonder what to think when I see a black guy with an American bulldog).

what’s amazing is at 200lbs they can still outrun your ass and knock you out a tree by jumping up and hitting you if you don’t climb high enough

I used to hunt pigs all the time. For eating, you only want them under 100 pounds. If it's a male, and it's over 75 pounds, we just left it for the ants and buzzards, because the meat is terrible.

Pigs breed like mice, they're tough as Hell, and they're smart, and they are omnivores. They've got a sense of smell better than a dog, and equally good hearing. A fifty pound pig can kill a man. Over a hundred pounds, if it catches you with no weapons or backup, you're a goner. Though usually they'd rather avoid you. But a sow with piglets is pure Hell and will come after you. They can move through dense brush and thorns with absolute quiet.

I once saw a sow get shot in the head with a .22 Long Rifle. My buddy was a damn good shot, and it was all we had with us, and it was within fifty feet, so he figured one shot to the middle of the forehead ought to do the job. He got it. Dead-center in the forehead. It dropped to it's knees, then sprang up, screamed, and went running straight for the brush, piglets running after it. At first it looked like a freight train came off the tracks, brush shaking like mad. Then ... complete silence. TOTAL silence, not a bit of brush moving.

We figured it had fallen dead at that point. We go hacking into the brush to retrieve it and we never found it. We found a small blood trail, but we never did find that pig.

I never hunted pig with anything less than a 180-grain .308. Great times.

I'd never try it like the OP does, my hat's off to you on that. I always wanted distance and firepower.

Shot one with a 30-30 once and hit that plate. At 50yrds that sucker didnt even flinch.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
OP during recent Panda hunt

1a6340e828ebe84fe53515ba525c6046.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread