Didn't know the Hellcat boys were such pussy cats

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The hellcat is a great value. I like the charger a lot, and can appreciate the challenger. I think the weight and size of the challenger are too much, but the charger is arguably svelt looking and the better overall package. My opinion.

I’m fortunate to live in a high altitude state and have a light (3400lbs) turbo cobra. I can put cars in hellcats really easy up here. They trap 118-120, and my 10psi setup runs 135+ even in hot temps.

I think at sea level, I would obviously have more respect for their performance.

That all said I like them a lot, but up here it’s turbo or bust. 13+ stock Gt500 trap 118-120 as well.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Posted on Hellcat.org:

"I can tell you what I was told by multiple people at Mickey Thompson on running their (Street Drag Radials).
This came from Management ............
Terry, if you are going to drive your car on the interstate as you have indicated at sustained speeds of 70-75-80 MPH.
The drag radials will just basically MELT from the Summer-Heat.
They are Not meant for that sort of driving.
We made them for a guy that lives within a short distance and driving time to go to the Drag-Strip.
Make some passes and able to drive right back home with out having to change Wheels & Tires.
You wanted a Matter-of-Fact answer so I'm giving it to you .........
Best Wishes,
Mickey Thompson
Name Withheld"

o_O

Man oh man have I been fooling around on ticking time bombs apparently!!

I’ve made at least 6 trips to my office with the MT streets on there averaging probably more like 85mph. (25ish miles of interstate one way)

Clearly I need to play powerball with that kind of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Jefe

Established Member
R888Rs or 555Rs next time for me. Stock wheels though

I do 90-100 on the freeway for 5-10 miles every week. Should I be worried!??! haha

hostile500

Established Member
I'm running the 315 05Rs on my 500 and they seem to do very well. Still had to warm them up pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread