Did the fog light mod...what is this?

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
So I did the mod to have my fogs come on with the side markers(parking lights).

All went smooth about 30 minutes to do, works wonderfully.
i just noticed a extra connector of some sort along with the 2 that work the switch.
Just looking for someone to identify this piece.....its the one with the red end.

Thanks

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's probably just for some option your truck does not have, like a power slide rear window or adjustable pedals.

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
It's probably just for some option your truck does not have, like a power slide rear window or adjustable pedals.

This is what i figured, It didnt look out of place or something rigged just wanted someone to clarify for me since i know alot of guys have been behind that switch panel to do the same mod.

Thanks

S P E E D

Established Member
I'm Canadian and I still curse the day time running lights! They look like you have a bad ground cause they are so dim!

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
Since i did the fog mod I guess i should add a few pic, I have 8k hids in the fogs and stock lighting in the headlights, most likely gonna keep it this way. The fogs put out more than plenty.
what do you think?

Last edited:

_XXX_

Established Member
Put hids for headlights as well it doesn't look right with just the bottom and not the top IMO

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
Put hids for headlights as well it doesn't look right with just the bottom and not the top IMO

Most i see do the headlight and leave the fogs stock or do both(I had both on my cobra), I figured the fogs would be better with hids to keep the brightest light lower and not directly blinding on coming traffic, but these lil turds are BRIGHT.

did yhou take pics during the procdure? or did you follow a write up?

I did not, being that my kit did not coming with a instuction manual i did read up on the on the write-ups that are posted, but they were saying run wires directly to the battery. This kit is a simple plug and play and was next to nothing to install.

LSUstang05

Established Member
I feel that the HID headlights are less blinding than the fog lights. When I see other guys (other trucks) with both, I'm almost always blinded by the fogs rather than the headlights.

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
I feel that the HID headlights are less blinding than the fog lights. When I see other guys (other trucks) with both, I'm almost always blinded by the fogs rather than the headlights.

I know what you mean, I think it may be the single beam vs. dual beam.
I have the single beam in the fog obvioulsy because theres no need for bi-xenon(hi-lo)
It seems the single beam kit is equal to the bi-xenon kit when you hit the brights:shrug:

allgo90

Established Member
I did not, being that my kit did not coming with a instuction manual i did read up on the on the write-ups that are posted, but they were saying run wires directly to the battery. This kit is a simple plug and play and was next to nothing to install.

what is this kit you speak of?

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
what is this kit you speak of?

Its one of the kits off ebay........It was dirt cheap give or take 50 shipped.

Wether it last or not i dont know but for the costand ease of installation it was worth trying, also came with a 2 yrs warranty.

the seller is hidus_wholesaledirect

203Cree

Established Member
HID's without the proper housing look pretty effing dumb, and oncoming drivers will really love you. Ditch them and put regular light back in.

Users who are viewing this thread