Did some new interior painting today

jlightning347

Jimmy Lightning
Established Member
So I painted these parts silver before..... I decided to color match them DSG " Dark Shadow Gray " to the paint on my lightning..... I used primer filler, paint, and clear... With wet sanding 600 - 1000 grit between coats..... I really love the look.

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
That is the problem I got with having a red truck. If I paint anything to match it it stands out way too much. Aside from the engine bay. I can't paint the wheels, grille, or interior trim red because it would be toooo much.

Hollywoood

Protected by GLOCK...
Established Member
That looks really good!! I really wish I could do something like that, and not look too much like a ricer!!:dw: But the red does stick out too much!

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
x_man586 said:
That is the problem I got with having a red truck. If I paint anything to match it it stands out way too much. Aside from the engine bay. I can't paint the wheels, grille, or interior trim red because it would be toooo much.

i know the feeling lol i was thinking charcole or black rims but not sure and your right anything in the cab is tooo much when red

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
NOT TRYING TO HYJACK!!!!!!!!!!!

x_man586 said:

Thats exactly why I did mine gloss black. It doesn't jump out as much as the bright colors do.
DSCN1335.jpg

DSCN1333.jpg

jlightning347 said:
Thanks guys.

Im going to do the Radio Shroud this weekend if the weather is nice !

Have fun. The Radio Bezel took me a week of sanding to get it right. If you do it also sand and paint the vents. Oh, the DSG looks great on the door panels!:rockon:

DSCN1848-1.gif

DSCN1330.jpg

DSCN1332.jpg

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
x_man586 said:
I feel your pain

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
I've had mine sanded down for about a month...I just can't find time to take them to my buddy to be painted.

Looks good!

Users who are viewing this thread