Did IAC rev hang mod, idle issue now

01ssnake

Established Member
I installed a IAC plate on the 01 cobra with two 5/16 holes to stop the rev hang between shifts. Car starts fine, revs come down perfectly with shifts, no stalling at all.

Only problem is the idle hangs around 950-1050 , it stays high now.
I disconnected the battery to reset KAM hoping this would help adjust it. Didn’t work.
Is there an idle screw to adjust?
Also curious- is 1 of the 2 holes on the IAC plate I installed supposed to be bigger? I cut both holes the same size. I see people selling these where 1 Hole is bigger.

FIREBALL

Established Member
Ive tried both (bought them) one had a tiny hole and big hole ---and the other had about a 5/16 hole and bigger hole. It makes a difference which direction the holes are installed. The one with the tiny hole would hardly idle and when reved up the hanging was worse until slowly coming down. The one with the bigger holes worked a little better but the idle would hang intermittently and stay at 1200. I also disconnected the battery when changing. When they worked what I liked was they stopped the start up idle from going over 2000. I never had much of a hanging idle problem so I will be removing soon. My N/A has an idle screw but havent touched it as there is a specific procedure to go thru that I have seen on some searches but I dont want to make things worse. Some say the plate has really worked well for them---but others not so much.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Don't mess with the throttle stop. You can try messing with hole sizes. It's just a drill bit away from adjusting.

But to be honest the best way I found to fix any idle hang was to get a decent tune. The hang is an emissions thing.

01ssnake

Established Member
Don't mess with the throttle stop. You can try messing with hole sizes. It's just a drill bit away from adjusting.

But to be honest the best way I found to fix any idle hang was to get a decent tune. The hang is an emissions thing.

no kidding, if I got the car tuned i can mention it to the tuner or the tune will just naturally rid of it? That would be worth it by itself let alone the power gain

01yellercobra

Established Member
no kidding, if I got the car tuned i can mention it to the tuner or the tune will just naturally rid of it? That would be worth it by itself let alone the power gain
They tend to tune it out either way. I did all the adjustments so it didn't hang and so it didn't rev up really high on first start up.

Users who are viewing this thread