Did I almost die? *spider content*

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I know what kind it is ... the kind you frickin kill.

Spiders clean up a lot of pesky insects, but man they creep me out, and nothing creeps me out ... cept spiders. Wife makes fun of me, when I see one I run to it & smash it to oblivion like a freak. One big a$$ one bit me in the neck while painting the house at hell week in college & hurt for a week. Oh and I had the shoe encounter as well, at our farm house i always stick my hand into my boots before slipping them on, something I saw o na show once, so you get bit on a finger rather than foot, and dog gone if I didn't find a friggin 8 legged freak in a boot, creeeeeepy.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Put your panties back on "fellas", its a harmless huntsman spider (Heteropoda spp) if they range that far north. If not a huntsman, perhaps a fishing spider of sorts. In any case, its as harmless as a piece of lint. Even if it was a recluse, a bite most likely wont do anything to you. Know how many people have died from a recluse bite? You can count them all on one hand. Black widows? 8 fatalities.

Sounds like wives tales have got most people on earth scared of wee spiders.

It's a recluse, IMHO.

Sent from my jebus phone

stangaholic280

Established Member
Well....after about 30 minutes of scouring the net and GUARANTEEING myself nightmares, I have reached a conclusion.

I believe your house pet to be a member of the Pardosa family, my guess...a Thin Legged Wolf Spider. K...gonna watch Gray's Anatomy now.

Wolf-Spider-16213.jpg

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
Stop using that laptop asap. You have no idea how many baby spiders are hatching inside it =[

Drew03

Established Member
Why did I look at this thread now? I wont be going to sleep cus I will be thinking one of those is gonna find its way to my bed why I'm sleeping lol

stangaholic280

Established Member
There is only 1 way to settle this. Let it bite you. If your arm rots off, it's a brown recluse. If you get a mild bump, it's a thin legged wolf spider.

Please let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Jack Burton

Established Member
Yep, without a doubt that's a drown recluse. You can tell by the 65,000 solstice markings on the back of it.

Users who are viewing this thread