Did I almost die? *spider content*

Tispho

Established Member
I was sitting at my home office looking up some things and this thing came out from behind, IT SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME.

What kind of spider is this? :dw:

IMG_0409.gif

zoom.gif

IMG_0421.gif

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
no doubt a brown recluse...
2nd pic looks like he's driving a solstice

Nino S

Established Member
I would freak out too. I have no clue what kind that is but I would not want to be anywhere near it!

LongDucDong

Established Member
Put your panties back on "fellas", its a harmless huntsman spider (Heteropoda spp) if they range that far north. If not a huntsman, perhaps a fishing spider of sorts. In any case, its as harmless as a piece of lint. Even if it was a recluse, a bite most likely wont do anything to you. Know how many people have died from a recluse bite? You can count them all on one hand. Black widows? 8 fatalities.

Sounds like wives tales have got most people on earth scared of wee spiders.

Last edited:

RedDemon91

Established Member
Put your panties back on "fellas", its a harmless huntsman spider (Heteropoda spp) if they range that far north. If not a huntsman, perhaps a fishing spider of sorts. In any case, its as harmless as a piece of lint. Even if it was a recluse, a bite most likely wont do anything to you. Know how many people have died from a recluse bite? You can count them all on one hand. Black widows? 8 fatalities.

Don't care, spiders are ****ing nasty.

I was about to put my shoes on and head to the gym today and a spider that looked a lot like that ran out of one of my shoes. I yelled like a little bitch and drowned the big ****er in WD-40 (aka a lifesaver).

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member

So in short, kill the damned thing with fire.

stangaholic280

Established Member
I'm gonna go with no, not a brown recluse. Your house pet is a little too "woodsy" and not brown or leathery enough IMO.

brown_recluse2.jpg

Also, no distinct "Violin" on the head of your spider.

Brown_recluse.gif

Last edited:

LongDucDong

Established Member
Don't care, spiders are ****ing nasty.

I was about to put my shoes on and head to the gym today and a spider that looked a lot like that ran out of one of my shoes. I yelled like a little bitch and drowned the big ****er in WD-40 (aka a lifesaver).

Seriously? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread