Did he really Dip his SVT?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
well first off its paint protection as a number one. second i like CO its a cool color, but orange even though its rare in terminator terms is not my fav color. this car will probably see a few different colors before it goes back to orange. TBO i would of dipped it no matter what color it was.

Depending on mileage you should just sell it and get another color. You’d probably be ahead seeing as it’s a sought after color to each there own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoingBIG

Established Member
Depending on mileage you should just sell it and get another color. You’d probably be ahead seeing as it’s a sought after color to each there own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
absolutely not, i love this car. i think you misunderstand in canada there are not alot of terminators, the selection is very low. i dont drive alot of kms this is just a weekend warrior, the paint is flawless. so it will stay dipped and low km.
At the time of purchase if i would of found an other color with same mods and kms, i would of bought it. there was not.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's definitely different and I like it. Not the wheels though. The color and style just don't go. JMO. Drop it with new springs (or cut your springs) and it will look a lot meaner. Nice!!

GoingBIG

Established Member
It's definitely different and I like it. Not the wheels though. The color and style just don't go. JMO. Drop it with new springs (or cut your springs) and it will look a lot meaner. Nice!!
Thanks bob i might try and tackle some cut springs down the road, worried about road clearance on crappy Canadian roads.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I like what you did and how it looks. I also like the "color" of the wheels against your body color. I just think the design of the wheels is what doesn't work. I agree with your post #17. Those wheels in post #17, in the copper dip, would look killer on your set up IMO.

MyTerms

Established Member
Dip looks good... wheels not so much in my opinion. Did you use one of their sprayers or just a home style paint sprayer such as wagner from lowes/home depot? I have a 67 suicide door lincoln that I am considering dipping. Curious if I could use the wagner I already have at home.

GoingBIG

Established Member
Dip looks good... wheels not so much in my opinion. Did you use one of their sprayers or just a home style paint sprayer such as wagner from lowes/home depot? I have a 67 suicide door lincoln that I am considering dipping. Curious if I could use the wagner I already have at home.
I used a hardware gun set up didnt use theirs and it worked very well. Mines earlex so your wagner would work fine. Have fun with it!

GoingBIG

Established Member
I like what you did and how it looks. I also like the "color" of the wheels against your body color. I just think the design of the wheels is what doesn't work. I agree with your post #17. Those wheels in post #17, in the copper dip, would look killer on your set up IMO.
Thanks man, ya just wanted to try the combo. Wheels are pretty far down the road for me but may try a few more colors on them till i get new ones. Next few weeks my ram will be trying "hyper silver" so we shall see i guess!

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Op where in Alberta are you from? I’m located in Calgary and you’re right, don’t see too many Terminator’s on the streets. The colour on the dip turned out great

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

GoingBIG

Established Member
Op where in Alberta are you from? I’m located in Calgary and you’re right, don’t see too many Terminator’s on the streets. The colour on the dip turned out great

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Wetaskiwin, just south of leduc and edmonton. I have yet to see another terminator ever, nobody in this small town even knows what they are . I love it, dip was prettt easy its salt and uv proof if you have a truck in the winter like i do! Or you know on the svt to freshen things up!

keith89

Established Member
I've had mine dipped for 6 years now. It was parked outside for a few years, so I wanted to protect the factory black paint underneath. It's holding up so well, I decided to keep it on for a while longer. It really helps to protect the fenders when you're working on the car too. It will get peeled off eventually.

GoingBIG

Established Member
I've had mine dipped for 6 years now. It was parked outside for a few years, so I wanted to protect the factory black paint underneath. It's holding up so well, I decided to keep it on for a while longer. It really helps to protect the fenders when you're working on the car too. It will get peeled off eventually.
Nice! Feel free to share a picture. I just finished the rims (last few coats) they are a brighter copper now. Looks great.

keith89

Established Member
Here she is. I will be redoing the front bumper, fenders and hood soon since I've done quite a bit of work over the winter and scuffed it up a bit.
InstaSave 3.jpg
InstaSave 2.jpg
instasave 1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread