Did Ford originally NOT sell lightnings in CA?

sicfast

Established Member
I just need this simple question answered to settle this quabble with a friend of mine. Basically he is saying that Ford dealerships did NOT sell lightnings in CA. Please tell me my friend is just an idiot.

txyaloo

Established Member
Your friend is an idiot. They were built and sold in Canada. There are pictures on here somewhere of the Canadian kph gauge clusters.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Your friend is an idiot. They were built and sold in Canada. There are pictures on here somewhere of the Canadian kph gauge clusters.

With this being said....if they didn't sell them in cali...jesus christ that state sucks.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Yes they were sold in cali however I would not be surprised if Ford had to change the tune or something else to get it past california air resource board like they did for the 03/04 svt mustangs.

Basically saying Ford sold one version of the 03/04 svt mustang to california and another to every other state and canada. Add to this california would not let you bring an out of state termi into california without first passing their new smog test...:lol:

GodStang

Established Member
I remember back in the day they did that two some of the Saleens. The California ones were tuned down to pass emissions.

txyaloo

Established Member
God dammit. :lol: I didn't think anyone was stupid enough to say they weren't sold in Cali.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
its not THATdumb of a question. i mean, we're talking about california here..after all, this is the state that wants to ban dark colored cars :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread