Did anyone watch the movie Rampage and see the Bronco concept?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Showed it quite a few times as it was The Rock's vehicle. Wondering if Ford put it in there to create buzz around the Bronco even though it is an old concept of it. Maybe it is a hint of what the new one will resemble as well?

Movie was as bad as could be expected also. A lot more violent than I thought it would be though. Kind of like Jurassic Park but I'd say more graphic.
20180620_213631.jpeg
20180620_213633.jpeg
20180620_213634.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I'll have to check it out. Pubfilm works really well on my PS4 so I have always used that site.

I got the firestick.

Back on topic: i saw it in the theatre and like the monsters and ignored the Rock. I played the game as a kid and liked eating the people lol

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I got the firestick.

Back on topic: i saw it in the theatre and like the monsters and ignored the Rock. I played the game as a kid and liked eating the people lol

My family owned skating rinks so we had the arcade game for years. Was one of my favorites and when the game guy would come in to collect the money I would have him rack up the game with credits so I could play for free lol.

The movie was bad, but I liked certain things they did. They actually used a lot of accurate military terms and accurate portrayal of the military equipment from what I caught. Like when the A10 came in. They utilized the "BRRRRRRRRT" rather than have it fire off a bunch of missiles like most movies would typically do. Outside of all of that it was just "meh".

But The Rock is really running the risk of overplaying himself. I feel like he is on the cusp of doing movies that will end up straight to DVD. I'm sure he is raking it in but people are going to get tired of him.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
My family owned skating rinks so we had the arcade game for years. Was one of my favorites and when the game guy would come in to collect the money I would have him rack up the game with credits so I could play for free lol.

The movie was bad, but I liked certain things they did. They actually used a lot of accurate military terms and accurate portrayal of the military equipment from what I caught. Like when the A10 came in. They utilized the "BRRRRRRRRT" rather than have it fire off a bunch of missiles like most movies would typically do. Outside of all of that it was just "meh".

It looked good on the big screen IMO. I took it like Transformers. Let it sit on its own, but it was a garbage money grab movie.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
It looked good on the big screen IMO. I took it like Transformers. Let it sit on its own, but it was a garbage money grab movie.

Yep. Was there even a story line or plot? I'm thinking back on it and I feel like I was drunk or something because I only remember bits and pieces of the movie because there was so little story. It was just a big product placement, Rock showcasing, money grab. They should have kept Joe Mangianello in it to improve the story.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Yep. Was there even a story line or plot? I'm thinking back on it and I feel like I was drunk or something because I only remember bits and pieces of the movie because there was so little story. It was just a big product placement, Rock showcasing, money grab. They should have kept Joe Mangianello in it to improve the story.

Yeah if they had removed the Rock and replaced him with Joe. It would have worked better. There was no consistent story line. I went for the visuals to be honest

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
That’s the early 00’s Bronco concept. Ford let them borrow it for the movie. The Rock is also a spokesman for Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That’s the early 00’s Bronco concept. Ford let them borrow it for the movie. The Rock is also a spokesman for Ford.

There was a lot of product placement in the movie. I would argue it was a little more strategic than that to use the Bronco concept. It reminds car illiterate people that there was a Bronco at one time, or people reminisce about a Bronco they owned years back, so that when Ford finally unveils the new Bronco people will have already been thinking and talking about about it and now there is one available for them to buy. That's just my take on it from a marketing perspective.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
There was a lot of product placement in the movie. I would argue it was a little more strategic than that to use the Bronco concept. It reminds car illiterate people that there was a Bronco at one time, or people reminisce about a Bronco they owned years back, so that when Ford finally unveils the new Bronco people will have already been thinking and talking about about it and now there is one available for them to buy. That's just my take on it from a marketing perspective.

I’m interested depending on price and no adm. I’m sure there will be that. I had a Bronco 2 once.

Users who are viewing this thread