Diablo Sport Tuning

cobrapwr

Established Member
Tuning 99 Cobra and trying to find out what everyone is setting their Spark Advance and WOT settings at. Just put the longtubes in and havent had a chance to get to the dyno yet. Wanted to go ahead and do an initial set before the pull. thx for the help.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Im still on the canned tune. Im subbing to this to see if theres any tweaking I can do for power. A dyno trip would be ideal, but there's nothing local to me.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I'm running 26 degrees of Spark Advance with the knock sensors turned off in my Diablo Tune, I've seen guys go as high as 30 with the knocks on! What other WOT settings are you referring to?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Im still on the canned tune. Im subbing to this to see if theres any tweaking I can do for power. A dyno trip would be ideal, but there's nothing local to me.
Try adding 5% spark advance under 4K and 5.5% over 4K and richen the fuel mixture 2% on both rpm levels, I got the most power and flattest A/F chart with these numbers on the Dyno when I had the canned 93 Octane tune!:rockon: I bet when you datalog your spark advance 99Cobra2881 your only seeing high teens low twenties!!
If you want I can have my friend Brian from EFI Unlimited in Florida e-mail you as Custom tune file that will impress!

Last edited:

cobrapwr

Established Member
Thx Brutal. Im still running the old version on the tuner. Steering clear of the latest upgrade for O2 sensors reasons. Ill load it up and see how she does. Based on the mods I have now you dont think detonation will be any problem do ya?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Thx Brutal. Im still running the old version on the tuner. Steering clear of the latest upgrade for O2 sensors reasons. Ill load it up and see how she does. Based on the mods I have now you dont think detonation will be any problem do ya?
The knock sensors will pull LOTS of timing if it senses Detonation so that shouldn't be an issue for you..
So I take it you just want to modify the 93 Octane canned tune?
Your not creating a Custom file with Diablo CMR software right?

cobrapwr

Established Member
Not yet. When I do the dyno pull Ill see what he has to say about creating a Custom file. I set it up with your settings. Pulls hard and has a little more bite to it. Is there any other good to knows that you know of. Thx a ton for the advice...

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Yeah when I did the first Dyno runs with the 93 Octane canned the air fuel was a bit lean at WOT hence the 2% fuel richment, that flatlined it at 13:1
Glad the tweaks helped give it a little seat in the pants feel!!
And the best advice I could give is to get the knock sensors turned off, they tend to pull timing for reasons not related to detonation, engine vibrations can trigger them, I've seen it on the Dyno a number of times!
here's 3 A/F charts stacked on top of each other, Gotta give props to Diablo, their canned tune is pretty damm accurate
p.s. sorry for the bad picture I don't have a scanner..
svtcobra061.jpg

Last edited:

cobrapwr

Established Member
How do I go about getting the knock sensors turned off? Will that have to be done @ the speed shop or something that can be done in the garage?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
You can spend a couple hours pulling your upper and lower intake off to disconect their wiring harness or the other option is with Diablos tuning software!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Try adding 5% spark advance under 4K and 5.5% over 4K and richen the fuel mixture 2% on both rpm levels, I got the most power and flattest A/F chart with these numbers on the Dyno when I had the canned 93 Octane tune!:rockon: I bet when you datalog your spark advance 99Cobra2881 your only seeing high teens low twenties!!
If you want I can have my friend Brian from EFI Unlimited in Florida e-mail you as Custom tune file that will impress!

Cool, I appreciate the advice and will follow your recommendations. Thank you :beer:

Ive been happy with the canned tune thus far, I mainly used the Predator for turning off the rear O2 sensors and accounting for the 4.30s.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Theres no right answer as to how to adjust timing, best way to do it is on a dyno or at the track so you can track gains/losses in performance.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
That's true Mike but I'm sure you'd agree that the 93 Octane canned tune for the U7146 with Z computer is still lacking in spark advance, I haven't seen many cars get above 18 at WOT? The rule of thumb is 26-28 produces the best results!

Last edited:

cobrapwr

Established Member
Hey Brutal are the knock sensors an option in the new software revision. I've looked all over this tuner running old version of software and can't seem to locate it?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
You need to use Diablos CMR software to turn the knocks off, no revision on the Predator will offer that..
I'm surprised more guys aren't chiming in about turning the knock sensors off..

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Rick from Amazon (his shop are venders here) can send you a tune with the knocks turned off, I'm running one of his files presently..

Users who are viewing this thread