Diablo predator or sct sf3

across281

Established Member
Curious what yall would recommend and how the canned tunes work. I am looking to use the canned tune because I do not really want to spend the money for a dyno tune and I dont have any mods to where a dyno is necessary.

across281

Established Member
Well I feel I could get some more power out cuz im running a lfp sbtb, intake, bassani exhaust(no cats no mufflers), 2# lower

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
Been on a canned diablo tune since 2008, truck is raced, Daily driven, 100 degrees or 0 degrees, never had any issue. I have a wideband to monitor A/F, 11.3-11.7 at WOT everytime. Sure I'm leavin a little on the table, but it doesn't bother me, it's a fun truck.

Mods are:
Full Bassani exhaust
2.81 upper/4lb lower
ported plenum
Accufab SBTB
CAI
EGR Delete

All on a stock engine.

across281

Established Member
On another subject over 3k I get the rattling noise that sounds like its coming from exhaust but nothing before that and its only under load. Would you think thats spark knock? I put premium in always.. I ran seafoam through it awhile back, Ive heard some people say that it start after seafoam.

sonicblue2svt3

Established Member
its your muffler making the noise. the factory mufflers are bad about rusting the diverter plate in the middle of the muffler and it makes a rattle. to verify this just hit on the muffler and you should here the noise. if you do not here anything then hit all of the cats listening for the noise.

sonicblue2svt3

Established Member
been on a canned diablo tune since 2008, truck is raced, daily driven, 100 degrees or 0 degrees, never had any issue. I have a wideband to monitor a/f, 11.3-11.7 at wot everytime. Sure i'm leavin a little on the table, but it doesn't bother me, it's a fun truck.

Mods are:
Full bassani exhaust
2.81 upper/4lb lower
ported plenum
accufab sbtb
cai
egr delete

all on a stock engine.
nice tits!!

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
With a canned Xca3 tune with my 6lb lower, off road mid pipe, catback and CAI, first pull on the dyno made 334rwhp and running SUPER rich. After he adjusted everything, leaned it out, some timing, made 391rwhp... Huge difference. Was my canned tune safe...yes but they are made to be more safe, though i've heard of some horror stories. If anything, you can get the canned tune and if you have a wideband and the AF looks good, could keep it that way but there will be some power left on the table. If you don't have a wideband, at least get it on a dyno for 2-3 pulls to check your af ratio. If you ever plan to port your SC, different SC or up the boost, I would look into a real dyno tune.

across281

Established Member
bought a predator with pc interface for $100 shipped, I do have a wideband but was gonna wait on tuning it till i have the bung welded in for it

Users who are viewing this thread