DHGTerminator's 2nd *Seller Problem* Thread: d4a3m2o1n

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
To make a long story short, I saw a California Car cover that d4a3m2o1n had for sale, priced at 140 bucks. He listed it as their Ultraweave material, which is very weather resistant, and very much what I need for moving out and going to a school a couple hours away from home, especially in Oklahoma where the weather is unpredictable to say the least!

Well, after sending payment for the cover, I felt very un-sure about the transaction, as the buyer seemed in a rush to get the thing sold, and I can understand being in a tight spot, but this seemed more like a payment advance than a selling of an item. So just to be SURE, I posted up in both of his threads that I had bought the item. I then receive a PM from Blueline saying that he had thought he had bought the same cover from the same user, and had asked for a tracking number for a week and never got anything, only to file a paypal dispute and be denied because the seller does not have any money in their paypal account. This got me worried.. So I went ahead and filed a dispute, while talking with the seller. Our conversation is below, and I will follow up with the current predicament...: PLEASE let me know if you think I was out of line, but I've just been screwed over in too many situations like this, because people can't be honest. I swear I'm not going to buy from people with trader scores less than 10, and probably not at all if they have 1-2 strikes against them!:

IMG_0488.gif

IMG_0489.gif

IMG_0490.gif

IMG_0491.gif

IMG_0492.gif

IMG_0493.gif

IMG_0494.gif

IMG_0495.gif

IMG_0496.gif

IMG_0497.gif

IMG_0498.gif

IMG_0499.gif

IMG_0500.gif

IMG_0501.gif

IMG_0502.gif

IMG_0503.gif

IMG_0504.gif

IMG_0505.gif

IMG_0506.gif

IMG_0507.gif

IMG_0508.gif

IMG_0509.gif

IMG_0510.gif

IMG_0511.gif

IMG_0512.gif

IMG_0513.gif

IMG_0514.gif

IMG_0515.gif

IMG_0516.gif

IMG_0517.gif

IMG_0518.gif

IMG_0519.gif

IMG_0520.gif

IMG_0521.gif

IMG_0522.gif

IMG_0523.gif

IMG_0524.gif

I plan on not letting the paypal dispute go until I verify the shipped item is not a rock. If you look at the Seller's feedback, is this wrong of me. I'm sorry if I come off as a dick in text messages, I usually just do it to ward off potential scammers, as they'll usually only find a way to cut out if you know they'll deal with them provided they attempt to scam you. So anyway, here's a warning thread for this seller, who also just text me that he's "Leaving SVTP and deleting his username, so he didn't care" that I was going to make a thread to warn people to watch out for his strange practices. I hope the cover comes in as listed, or I will definitely be continuing this thread much further, i'm sick of younger people ruining these kinds of forums for us early 20 year olds that ARE responsible for our words and money, and would not monkey around with people for a quick buck because we're not irresponsible with money.

Cheers SVTP! :beer:

Dakota

Last edited:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
You did kind of act like a dbag tough guy, but at the same time he shouldn't have dicked around. LOL at you thinking txyaloo is your personal army but I suppose I'd be an angry person too if my name was Dakota. Seriously, what is it with 21-24 year olds thinking they're the smartest tough guys in the world?

Last edited:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I like it how you toss Txyloo's name around like he's your bff.

Srrly, if I was you I'd stop buying shit on the forums.

Last edited:

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
You did kind of act like a dbag tough guy, but at the same time he shouldn't have dicked around. LOL at you thinking txyaloo is your personal army but I suppose I'd be an angry person too if my name was Dakota. Seriously, what is it with 21-24 year olds thinking they're the smartest tough guys in the world?

Nah, Txyaloo just seems like a pretty good guy, and he's known to find out things in these situations, if he wasn't around to help or refused, I would understand and wouldn't expect anything from him, contrary to what I may have inferred in the text. I've just had a real problem with sellers a couple times on these boards and am not going to be the nice guy that gets screwed over and just takes it. Sorry if what I said seemed like I expected someone's help, truly not the case in reality.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Nah, Txyaloo just seems like a pretty good guy, and he's known to find out things in these situations, if he wasn't around to help or refused, I would understand and wouldn't expect anything from him, contrary to what I may have inferred in the text. I've just had a real problem with sellers a couple times on these boards and am not going to be the nice guy that gets screwed over and just takes it. Sorry if what I said seemed like I expected someone's help, truly not the case in reality.

Orly? I have no idea who this txyaloo guy is. Tell me more.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Orly? I have no idea who this txyaloo guy is. Tell me more.

Just explaining that I have no intentions of using anyone as my "servant", hell, most of the time if I can't figure something out myself I'll pay for help. I'm sorry if I offended you and have no beef with you. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm very much a true enthusiast and don't have any ill-intent when it comes to others with the same passion as I.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I can't believe I sat here and read almost all of that bullshit. So you haven't gotten the car cover yet? And are making threads/calling this guy out, and just being a dick, really, in both your texts, and by making this thread, when you haven't yet gotten the product to see if you really are getting screwed here. Am I following this correctly? If so, you should relax. Some people have more important things to worry about in life than a damn car cover for someone who's being a dick to them. I understand the whole concept of you sent him money, he said he'd do things, he didn't do them fast enough for your liking, so you're mad and blah blah blah blah. Still, relax.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I can't believe I sat here and read almost all of that bullshit. So you haven't gotten the car cover yet? And are making threads/calling this guy out, and just being a dick, really, in both your texts, and by making this thread, when you haven't yet gotten the product to see if you really are getting screwed here. Am I following this correctly? If so, you should relax. Some people have more important things to worry about in life than a damn car cover for someone who's being a dick to them. I understand the whole concept of you sent him money, he said he'd do things, he didn't do them fast enough for your liking, so you're mad and blah blah blah blah. Still, relax.

Dude you should probably be a little nicer to him. You don't want him to speed dial txyaloo and have him own you at the snap of a finger.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member

The red flag here isn't that he took a while to ship out the item, the red flag is another member PM'ing me and telling me this member owes him money. This is a market-style forum, not a cash advance business for people who put themselves in a bad spot and need a quick buck here and there to get by.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
So you did a deal with someone you knew had a shady history and are surprised you got hosed/hard time getting said product? Interesting.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
So you did a deal with someone you knew had a shady history and are surprised you got hosed/hard time getting said product? Interesting.

Had no idea of the seller's previous history. I originally saw his thread on Tapatalk, which doesn't show trader rating, unfortunately.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Had no idea of the seller's previous history. I originally saw his thread on Tapatalk, which doesn't show trader rating, unfortunately.

You say in your TXTs "Don't screw me man" and (not an exact quote) "Get me the tracking number this evening or I'm going to dispute it." Tells me you had a pretty good feeling/idea.

but whatever, that's why I won't buy shit from people I'm not 100% on.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Dude you should probably be a little nicer to him. You don't want him to speed dial txyaloo and have him own you at the snap of a finger.

LOL. Yeah I better watch it.

The red flag here isn't that he took a while to ship out the item, the red flag is another member PM'ing me and telling me this member owes him money. This is a market-style forum, not a cash advance business for people who put themselves in a bad spot and need a quick buck here and there to get by.

I'd say that sounds like a problem between the member that PM'd you and the seller. Still though....you haven't received your car cover so you don't yet know if you're getting screwed, correct?

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
LOL. Yeah I better watch it.

I'd say that sounds like a problem between the member that PM'd you and the seller. Still though....you haven't received your car cover so you don't yet know if you're getting screwed, correct?

Absolutely correct. And provided that I get the cover I will give the seller good feedback and retract my statements. However, in SVTP's past when people have gotten in the hole, they try to snatch up as many people in their scam ring and bounce. I simply posted this to potentially help this community dodge such a thing. If I recall correctly there was some guy named Leo that did this a while back and got a bunch of money out of people. I started this thread for the fellow SVTP members that would warn me given the same situation, as starting this thread does not change the circumstance I'm in whatsoever. Maybe Blueline will chime in here soon and shed some extra light on the situation.

gt347mustang

Established Member
Absolutely correct. And provided that I get the cover I will give the seller good feedback and retract my statements. However, in SVTP's past when people have gotten in the hole, they try to snatch up as many people in their scam ring and bounce. I simply posted this to potentially help this community dodge such a thing. If I recall correctly there was some guy named Leo that did this a while back and got a bunch of money out of people. I started this thread for the fellow SVTP members that would warn me given the same situation, as starting this thread does not change the circumstance I'm in whatsoever. Maybe Blueline will chime in here soon and shed some extra light on the situation.

Youre a perfect example of why you shouldn't fight fire with fire. You were a dick way before he was a dick to you, and you wouldn't let up.

I cant believe you posted this before before you got the car cover in the mail. When you get a perfectly good car cover you're going to have cake on your face.

By the way "subbin," this is going to get interesting. Cant wait till this moves to smackdown

Last edited:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Ha, I remember Leo and that whole fiasco. I understand what your intentions with all this are, and that's all fine. I just think it's a bit premature since the whole transaction hasn't been finalized yet, however it may turn out. It's a lot harder to undo, apologize, and retract any statements and/or actions made against someone if you later find out you were just being paranoid and jumping the gun on things than it is to just wait and find out what has really been going on. And jumping the gun like this can make both parties look bad. Which is also hard to get out of other people's heads. People seem more quick to remember the bad than they do the good, even when the bad turned out to not be true.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Youre a perfect example of why you shouldn't fight fire with fire. You were a dick way before he was a dick to you, and you wouldn't let up.

I cant believe you posted this before before you got the car cover in the mail. When you get a perfectly good car cover you're going to have cake on your face.

By the way "subbin," this is going to get interesting. Cant wait till this moves to smackdown

I was honest with my expectations. The whole deal seemed too good to be true, and it turns out that he just shipped the item today, clearly as his pictures show. So he lied about sending it out the same day, he lied that his dad shipped it, and he also lied to the previous buyer and told him that I had the cover and that I was laughing at him for requesting a refund. I called the seller with nothing but concern, as anyone would when they receive a PM saying that they bought the SAME ITEM as I did and still haven't gotten it. I had called the seller to talk about this and he told me that the past buyer was "an ignorant prick" and he "wouldn't calm down" and that he had "accidentally shipped it to the wrong address". All this seemed too circumstantial for me, so I would rather start such a thread, to avoid business being done with an individual who might be milking what they can out of a community before never being heard from again, than to say nothing and then come out later and say "Oh yeah! he did the same thing to me! Woe is me!" Being proactive is the best defense when dealing with any online potential scam.

Ha, I remember Leo and that whole fiasco. I understand what your intentions with all this are, and that's all fine. I just think it's a bit premature since the whole transaction hasn't been finalized yet, however it may turn out. It's a lot harder to undo, apologize, and retract any statements and/or actions made against someone if you later find out you were just being paranoid and jumping the gun on things than it is to just wait and find out what has really been going on. And jumping the gun like this can make both parties look bad. Which is also hard to get out of other people's heads. People seem more quick to remember the bad than they do the good, even when the bad turned out to not be true.

And I get that. If the seller was honest with me and said something along the lines of "Hey man, things have been hectic, sorry I'm gonna get the cover out to you today and get you a tracking number" I would have been COMPLETELY cool with that, but that wasn't the case. What happened instead is he lied to me and the other buyer about it trying to do what seemed like was buying himself some time. If you know alot about paypal, you would know that it takes 2-3 days to transfer from paypal to a bank account, so I simply put the dispute in before that transfer took place or finished taking place in the hopes that the transfer would not go through until the paypal dispute was closed, ESPECIALLY since he has another member 140 dollars in the hole right now and claims he "doesn't have the money" to pay him. Whenever dealing with selling items, I personally leave that money alone until I make sure the buyer is happy with the item, and has gotten plenty of time to look it over. Now, it's none of my business to say that someone should do things the way that I do, but if they're not going to, and it looks like they could be taking advantage of the situation, i'm not so comfortable with that, hence why the dispute was filed.

My only hopes are that I receive the cover and the other member (Blueline) gets his money back for something he did not receive. I hate starting threads like this, because they're a ton of work and I really don't enjoy badmouthing anyone, as everyone deserves a fair chance to tell their story, but I would imagine if the seller is a stand-up guy, he would come in and explain the situation instead of trying to just run away from SVTP as he told me he's doing in a text to "Go to a website with more mature people."

Users who are viewing this thread