DGR Performance Experience/Tune suggestions

drummerboy988

Established Member
I am wondering if anyone has experience with DGR Performance in Dillsburg PA. I am considering taking my 2010 GT500 there for a tune.

I purchased the car from a dealership and was able to talk to the previous owner. He told me the car was tuned previously. I took my car to the drag strip a couple weeks ago and the best MPH I was able to get is 111 in the 1/4 Mile. I plugged the SCT X4 in that came with the car and found that there was no "Custom Tune" on it. It had the stock GT500 tune with a few modifications.

It had:
93 Octane
Spark 2000-4000 -3 Degrees
Spark 4000-8000 -2 Degrees
WOT AIR/FUEL 4.0% RICHER

I have no idea if those numbers seem correct, but I found it very strange that there is no custom tune listed since in my previous experience, there was always custom tunes listed. I also found it strange that my MPH was under what I have seen these cars run stock. I realize that it could be partially my driving, but it seemed to far off to me.

My Mods are:
2.6 Pulley
K&N Intake
Roush Catback Exaust

Does anyone know if those numbers seem off, and if they are, is DGR performance a recommended tuner to take my car to?

Thanks

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Order a tune.

vmpperformance.com

You'll have it in 24 hours.

Troubles gone.

There's no reason to screw with any of SCT's off the shelf files. They added fuel for the K&N because needs a little. It's basically a placebo. If the stock one came with it, put it back on. If not, buy a JLT123.

Yes, that's slow. You're rich and you have no spark advance.

bj

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase. VMP is a great source for all your products and tunes and the staff is very helpful.

24 hours? Lol I ordered an updated tune Monday and have still not received it.

Order a tune.

vmpperformance.com

Troubles gone.

There's no reason to screw with any of SCT's off the shelf files. They added fuel for the K&N because needs a little. It's basically a placebo. If the stock one came with it, put it back on. If not, buy a JLT123.

bj

Last edited:

drummerboy988

Established Member
Order a tune.

vmpperformance.com

Troubles gone.

bj

Wouldn't it need additional Fuel for the smaller pulley as well?

Also, are you saying put the stock Intake back on? I do have it. I know JLT is by the far the most popular, but the car came with the K&N on. Is there really that much gain from the JLT compard to the K&N?

Mainn

Established Member
Wouldn't it need additional Fuel for the smaller pulley as well?

Also, are you saying put the stock Intake back on? I do have it. I know JLT is by the far the most popular, but the car came with the K&N on. Is there really that much gain from the JLT compard to the K&N?

The MAF reading takes care of the extra fuel needed for the smaller pulley (as it senses the extra incoming air).

An intake, for the most part, is used for the extra MAF range that it provides (and put simply, it does this by being larger in diameter). This, of course, requires a retune, as it changes the characteristics of the airflow. The K&N states that a retune isn't needed, which really shows it's very similar to the stock piece when it comes to functionality. In reality, if you left the stock tune on, it'd run a little lean as there IS a slight difference, but no where near to the level of difference the JLT makes.

Hopefully that made sense! :)

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Congrats on the purchase. VMP is a great source for all your products and tunes and the staff is very helpful.

24 hours? Lol I ordered an updated tune Monday and have still not received it.

I assume you didn't order it expedited. I will look into it. Non-expedited is 7-10 business days.

I just put a rush on your update. You'll have it this morning as a courtesy.

Thanks for the kind words about our services.

bj

Last edited:

drummerboy988

Established Member
So if the MAF takes care of the fuel for the pulley and I put the stock CAI back on, would it require a tune, or would the stock tune work fine? Would I see any additional gains by going with a 93 octane tune vs stock? Only other mod is a cat back exaust, and I doubt that would make a big difference.

Thanks for all the info

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
DGR is Dave Guy Racing. Have known Dave a long time. Very good tuner and mechanic. Tons of experience with modular motor Mustangs. Has tuned plenty of street cars and lots of real fast ones too! MACA has had a couple of dyno days at his shop on Route 15. He was a great host.

But agree with some of the comments above. With your mods, a mail order tune from VMP or Lund Racing would probably be spot on and would be less expensive than a dyno tune. You could always go to DGR afterwards for some dyno pulls to check the datalogs, especially air/fuel.

And, I would definitely get an aftermarket tune with the mods you have. A JLT CAI would be nice as well!

Last edited:

Mainn

Established Member
So if the MAF takes care of the fuel for the pulley and I put the stock CAI back on, would it require a tune, or would the stock tune work fine? Would I see any additional gains by going with a 93 octane tune vs stock? Only other mod is a cat back exaust, and I doubt that would make a big difference.

Thanks for all the info

Yes, it would still need a tune with a smaller pulley. There's a whole lot more to a tune than just fuel adjustments.

And yes, you would also notice a difference between stock and a 93 octane tune. You'll pick up some power, throttle response will be improved etc. It's a lot more complex than it looks! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread