DFX 10 spline for the street?

DocSVT

Established Member
I have seen it mentioned (yes, using the search) that the DFX is made in a 10 spline disk. Would this be a good option for a relative stock (pulley, catback, CAI) terminator. I don’t run at the track much, but want a strong clutch, with fairly good street manners. Has anyone had experience with these clutches on a daily driver? Is the DFX overkill for my needs and the DF would do fine or.. should I just go all the way to 26 spline DFX?

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
i plan on keeping my car mostly stock like yours and my clutch took a shit and i think i'm going with the 10 spline DF clutch. i don't want to void my warranty by putting a 26 spline input shaft. i think this clutch should be fine. i'm not sure but the DFX might be too much for the 10 spline :shrug: maybe somebody would clear this up i would like to know also.
-Tim

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
DocSVT said:
I have seen it mentioned (yes, using the search) that the DFX is made in a 10 spline disk. Would this be a good option for a relative stock (pulley, catback, CAI) terminator. I don’t run at the track much, but want a strong clutch, with fairly good street manners. Has anyone had experience with these clutches on a daily driver? Is the DFX overkill for my needs and the DF would do fine or.. should I just go all the way to 26 spline DFX?

In my opinion the DF would work very well for you. I believe the DFX is needed at 600+rwhp levels. Also, for a daily driven car the DF is like butter and very streetable. I run one and it's lasted quite some time on my 19lb KB cobra. No sign of slippage and pedal effort is 50% less than stock.

If you do plan to up the power soon the 600+ levels you might just want to get the 26 Spline DFX setup. It's all up to you and what you intend on doing with your car.

By the way Lethal Performance is running a special on the 10 Spline DF Clutch kit. So if you're interested
CLICK HERE--->http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235115&highlight=lethal

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Jared :beer:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
DocSVT said:
...snip..... should I just go all the way to 26 spline DFX?

survey says...... you will up the power. Staying stock would require you to stay off the internet, lol

Call up Jared and do the 26spl DFX

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
03cobra 87GN said:
i plan on keeping my car mostly stock like yours and my clutch took a shit and i think i'm going with the 10 spline DF clutch. i don't want to void my warranty by putting a 26 spline input shaft. i think this clutch should be fine. i'm not sure but the DFX might be too much for the 10 spline :shrug: maybe somebody would clear this up i would like to know also.
-Tim
Well, Centerforce just came out with the DFX for the 10 spline so I don't know why they would make them if they were too much for the 10 spline......The DFX is great for daily driving and when my stocker goes, I'm going to go with the DFX for 10 spline.

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
In keeping with the 10 spline setup... what is the DF 10 good for??? 550 or less? 530 or less? I'll run 15-18#s at most via Stieg or Whipple. It won't be tracked, but will be opened up now and then. Most important, I'm allured by the reducing the pedal by 50%. Not to mention that with the 10, it'll be a direct sway (w/TOB, of course).

However, having said the aforementioned, is it the recommendation that (if one is replacing the clutch anyway) one should move up to the 26 regardless?

Thanks in advance for the help:beer:

Christian

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
It's just like postban said, eventully you always want to step up your game. Why not for a few hundred dollars more do it right the first time. Also don't forget the head cooling and free-play clutch mod. Who said these cars were money pits? Sure is fun though!! :-D

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I'm keeping the 10 spline for now. I added a CF DF clutch and Fidanza flywheel approx. 20k miles ago and it still grabs like an SOB.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I just ordered my 10 spline DFX through Jared at Lethal performance....They have great custmore service and great prices!! I just rode in my buddys car right after we installed his DFX and DAM that thing grabs~~~!!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
black03 said:
In my opinion the DF would work very well for you. I believe the DFX is needed at 600+rwhp levels. Also, for a daily driven car the DF is like butter and very streetable. I run one and it's lasted quite some time on my 19lb KB cobra. No sign of slippage and pedal effort is 50% less than stock.

If you do plan to up the power soon the 600+ levels you might just want to get the 26 Spline DFX setup. It's all up to you and what you intend on doing with your car.

By the way Lethal Performance is running a special on the 10 Spline DF Clutch kit. So if you're interested
CLICK HERE--->http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235115&highlight=lethal

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Jared :beer:

+1000

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread