Detroit Tigers pull of BLOCKBUSTER!!

ModMike1572

Established Member
I heard about this earlier... Sounds like a pretty good trade on behalf on the Tigers... Maybe they'll get into the playoffs this year.

It would be kinda hard not to with that lineup/rotation

Coiled03

Established Member
Half your pitching staff getting injured probably doesn't qualify as choking. Hopefully you're not a White Sox fan because they're embarrassing.

No - definitely not a White Sox fan. I'm not a fan of any team, really. The only reason I pay attention to baseball is because I used to play.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
Biggest trade that I can remember recently.

Tigers give Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller to the Marlins for Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis. Tigers have one of the scariest lineups in baseball now. Apparently, some other players were involved.

Watch out Red Sox and Yankees!!!!!

this willis guy lost 15 games last year with an era of 5 something. why is he a good choice? just wondering, seems like the marlins would be glad he is gone.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
this willis guy lost 15 games last year with an era of 5 something. why is he a good choice? just wondering, seems like the marlins would be glad he is gone.

I would call last year an "off" year for him. Look at his career stats so far, not too shabby.

He is only 25 and a former 22 game winner. A lot of people think he just needed a change of scenery.

99caddysts

Established Member
He is only 25 and a former 22 game winner. A lot of people think he just needed a change of scenery.

a change of scenery to the AL is not going to help very much. What will help him however is being a number 2 or 3 starter and not having everything hang on his shoulders as a number 1.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
a change of scenery to the AL is not going to help very much. What will help him however is being a number 2 or 3 starter and not having everything hang on his shoulders as a number 1.

Maybe not, but a change of scenery out of the terrible Marlins franchise will help tremendously. It will take Willis a year to adjust to the AL but he will have a potent line up giving him plenty of run support.

Users who are viewing this thread