Detroit Tigers pull of BLOCKBUSTER!!

Biggest trade that I can remember recently.

Tigers give Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller to the Marlins for Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis. Tigers have one of the scariest lineups in baseball now. Apparently, some other players were involved.

Watch out Red Sox and Yankees!!!!!

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Room full of people who care...

room.jpg

Jk mayne. Tigers will do very well this year. Definately looking forward to this upcoming season.

GodStang

Established Member
Hopefully they will not do like the Mets did a couple years back when the had a HUGE roster of stars but could not mesh and only won like 50% of their games.

The only part that scares me is the 3 minor league pitchers part. Giving up a super prospect like Maybin for an already proven star like Cabrera is fine and giving up a Miller for Willis is fine as well.

Last edited:

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
Man, thats a huge pick up. Where are my Cardinals while this is happening? Oh yeah, re-signing basically over the hill guys to monster deals. *sigh

bugmenot

Established Member
^
Just be happy you aren't a gaints fan. Though this does make me happy that cabrera is off the market so the giants wont be as willing to give up their two young pitchers. Great move by the tigers though.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
Good for the Tigers! They should have a much better team next year now. I just hope Cabrerra doesn't get even fatter and become the next Cecil Fielder and a DH only.

The Sox will have nothing to worry about if they get Johan Santana though. The AL is going to be rediculously hard to get out of, and the NL will suck even more, lol.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I was gonna post this earlier to see if you saw it but I fell asleep. It will be a BIG trade if all goes as planned.
Like LJ said, some of these AL teams are looking STRONG. I hope the Sox land Santana but I would rather not see them lose Ellsbury to get him. That kid looks like he is gonna be one hell of a ball player once he matures a little more.
Very interesting off season so far! -Mat-

99caddysts

Established Member
Anyone have some scout reports on those prospects?

Willis will be a dud in the AL. Maybe an ok #3 pitcher at best.

Last edited:

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
I was gonna post this earlier to see if you saw it but I fell asleep. It will be a BIG trade if all goes as planned.
Like LJ said, some of these AL teams are looking STRONG. I hope the Sox land Santana but I would rather not see them lose Ellsbury to get him. That kid looks like he is gonna be one hell of a ball player once he matures a little more.
Very interesting off season so far! -Mat-

I have a feeling (maybe more hope than anything) that the Twins will want Lester instead of Elsbury. Right now it looks like Lester, Crisp, Lowry and Materson, I would do that in a heartbeat. The Sox lose nothing from the current team basically, Lester is the Lefty replaced by Santana (which one would you rather have?) and Crisp has laready been replaced by Elsbury. It is win friggin win baby!

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I have a feeling (maybe more hope than anything) that the Twins will want Lester instead of Elsbury. Right now it looks like Lester, Crisp, Lowry and Materson, I would do that in a heartbeat. The Sox lose nothing from the current team basically, Lester is the Lefty replaced by Santana (which one would you rather have?) and Crisp has laready been replaced by Elsbury. It is win friggin win baby!

I agree a trade like that would be very good.
I have been thinking though, why don't the Sox try and go after Bedard and see if they can get him at a little cheaper of a price. He was AMAZING last year.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
I agree a trade like that would be very good.
I have been thinking though, why don't the Sox try and go after Bedard and see if they can get him at a little cheaper of a price. He was AMAZING last year.

I can't see the Orioles, as bad as the decisions are that they have made, trading Bedard inside the division. They will not want to face him 4 or 5 times a year. And on the flip side, the Sox will not want to see all of those prospects pop up and kill them in future seasons. The Orioles will probably end up trading with an NL team or the Angels I think. Don't get me worng, it would be awesome to have Bedard in a Red Sox uni, but I just can't see it happening.

Coiled03

Established Member
And?

Detroit choked last year, they'll choke this year, and they'll never amount to shit.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Biggest trade that I can remember recently.

Tigers give Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller to the Marlins for Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis. Tigers have one of the scariest lineups in baseball now. Apparently, some other players were involved.

Watch out Red Sox and Yankees!!!!!

Deal hasn't been completely ironed out yet. Seems as though Miller doesn't even know where he is going yet, and it's all pending some physicals apparently.

Sad part about it is, Cabrera would be better at the DH spot.... He had 21 errors as a 3B in the NL. Highest in the league.....

Good luck with that!

They should have a ridiculous line-up though, thats for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread