Detailed the Daily. (ST)

TClark22

Established Member
I'm ashamed to say this was the first detail of any sort since I picked this thing up December 31st 2012. It had only ever seen wash and wax car wash and detail spray until now. But I have washed it regularly and it has never seen the likes of any towel besides microfiber. I air dry with a master blaster and then just quick detail any spots left behind usually.

Process:
Wash with dawn
Clay bar
Megs 105 only in a couple trouble areas (I should have just done the whole car, the 205 pass missed a few scratches)
Megs 205
CG Wet-Mirror Finish
CG Extreme Top coat sealant and wax

It seems this car is really red! Unfortunately it rained the day after as I had to drive to work...lol but it was well worth it since it hadn't even seen a coat of wax before.

Little rant...just about 27k miles on the car now, I'm already needing new tires. I replaced the stock F1s with Continental DWS all seasons around 400 miles on the car...I thought tires were supposed to last 40k. lol the very inside of the tires are bald but tread on the rest could last another thousand or so miles. But this morning it was raining good and going 50-60 I was starting to hydroplane. I have a turbo build to finish ST!! WAIT your damn turn! /Rant

On to pictures.

TClark22

Established Member
Looks great! How do you like the car?

They are great cars. Get ok mileage...avg 26-27mpg. More highway and it'll be closer to 30. Good passing power. And it fits most of the parts that I buy for the mustang in the hatch!

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
nice man! i would love to have a ST as a daily. I like my outback as it has awesome awd, turbo and tons of room to haul car parts but crap fuel mileage, i might as well be driving a small truck

SHOdown220

Established Member
Car is sweet man. The tires don't surprise me, they are made to be sporty with good handling. They won't last like Michelin tires on grandmas Cadillac. Make sure you keep it aligned to help with as much life as possible. Heck the factory tires on my 12 focus se only lasted 33k or so.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Looking good! I figured I'd see you around more, but I never do. I'm sure you're bummed after doing all that hard work it has to rain again today.

TClark22

Established Member
Looking good! I figured I'd see you around more, but I never do. I'm sure you're bummed after doing all that hard work it has to rain again today.

lol I don't get out much. I live in leawood. Drive to Lenexa for work. Besides work the furthest I usually get from home is Coaches across from KC trends at 135 and Antioch. lol and I live around 132nd and mission.

Users who are viewing this thread