depression is setting in

BossHogg

Established Member
I have a 1999 red L that I have had for 10 or so years. I may being selling it today for 13k. It has 64k miles and is stock. I really have not driven the car the past 4-5 years and have 2 little ones at home. I just don't see it being something I can enjoy anymore. I don't make a bunch of money but don't need to sell. I thought about putting this money towards a jeep for the family to enjoy. The truck has treated me great and being only 30 it has been in my life for a pretty good chunk. I know what people are asking and what people get are two different things. Am I crazy to take 13k for this truck? Shopping around I feel I couldn't replace what this truck is for 13k.

4a7191a

Established Member
Keep it. you'll hate yourself if you sale it and then be trying to buy another. Lightnings are very unique for what they are and will possibly be collectors one day. Considering how the resale on them is good and hagerty will cover insurance on them speaks for its self. If you barely drive it and have a daily driver put it in a garage and call hagerty. Insurance will be yearly but drastically less. For 3 vehicles they quoted me 1120 for a year. All full replacement values at what I wanted. Lightning was set at 16 to avoid a appraisal.

flip_86

Established Member
I used to have an 01 L years ago, absolutely loved it. Sadly, I had to sell it due to having kids/buying a house/recession. A couple years ago I picked up anow 02 Harley f150. It's not a lightning but still somewhat unique, fun to drive, same driveline, but has room for the kids. Something to consider.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
For the mileage it seems like a low price. Guess stuff like condition of exterior and interior play a role.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
It will definitely depend on interior and exterior condition. If you don't have to sell it though you have a family, bills and don't make much....keep it. If you truly are hurting (no shame in that) and need something more economical for the family...then I would definitely sell.
I sold my 13 L cause I was bored of it and kick myself in the butt for it. but we are financially well, wife had a 13 escape and we had 2 suv's.
definitely didn't have to sell it but if I had to for my family...I would have done it in a heartbeat.
Look at what the KBB private party is and go with that but not a penny less. My 13 with 80K miles at the time booked for 14K and I sold it for 15.5. but it did have the 13 TVS and several other tasteful mods. not to mention it was almost flawless.

svtfordracing01

SilverStorm
Established Member
I was in a similar position 2-1/2 years ago. I was 28 at the time with a wife and one kid. We were going to be having a second child and I didn't seem to have time to enjoy the L anymore. I ended up selling for $13,150 after it sat on Craigslist for 5 months. I regretted it the moment it drove away. Fast forward to last month, I bought another L, same year, same color, and same wheels. I spent a few grand more on the new one. Granted, the paint is in immaculate condition and it has 20k less miles on it. If I had to do it all over again, I would have kept my first L. I hope that helps...

Users who are viewing this thread