Deos Oil Matters !!?

alibird88

Established Member
Some told me that 5w20 ford engine oil is bad, some said good !! some other says use redline's or other race oils, all that i now my cobra or our cobra's go throw alot racin/revs/burnouts and god knows what else, i dont know much about oil but i know it has alot to do, allways want the best for the snake's.

so whats the best oil to use ? :??:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
facepalm.jpg

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member

X2...
To answer your question there is tons of info regarding this matter...
I don't know where to start but I run 5w-30 Mobil 1, as they run Mobil 1 in the space shuttle so you can't go wrong with that:rockon:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
no! they use royal purple in the space shuttle..with the drivers mod. i thought only hot air balloons run mobil 1

SlowSVT

Established Member
Motorcraft oil "bad" :uh oh: LOL

Be weary of anyone throwing stones at OEM equipment and supplies.

I would take peoples recommendation regarding motor oil with a grain of salt. I use Amsoil 2000 W0-30 synthetic but if someone was to ask me "is that good oil" I honestly couldn't say and my bet is neither can 99.9% of the people on this site with any certainty. Only a petroleum engineer who specializes in lubricants could answer that question best. Generally the expensive high end ($$$) synthetics are regarded as best. Royal Purple is said to be good along with other brands I am overlooking. I use Mobile 1 in my DD. My last DD I ran supermarket grade Castrol GTX W20-50 at $1.50 a quart for 300,000 miles and the car ran quiet and strong like the day it was new. Is the Amsoil better at $10.00 a quart? :shrug: .....probably but the proof in the pudding is a long lasting engine with little signs of wear. For your car I would stick with a high end oil because you generally get what you pay for. Don't use anything higher then 30 weight in your Terminator of you will get lifter pump-up and the heavy oil may not lubricate the tight fitting pistons as well.

Use the "search" function on this site and you will discover there is much to be learned.

Word of advice: use a bit more care in your composition and try not to sound like an eager teenager who didn't pay attention in English class who dreams of doing doughnuts in the High School parking lot in front of their buddies when posting on this site. It tends to stress people out knowing a Terminator has fallen into the hands of someone who sounds like they just turned 16. This car is no IROC Camaro and should be treated with the respect it deserves :nonono:

Welcome to the site :beer:

Last edited:

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
I understand the importance to you, because of the extreme climate in your location, but the answers are in this site in a million places. Just search "oil" in the Terminator section. You won't get a definitive answer, because there isn't one, but you will get valuble information that will help you make a decision.

By the way, have you been to an F1 race there? The Bahrain circuit is one of my favorites, contrary to the opinion of many.

alibird88

Established Member
Word of advice: use a bit more care in your composition and try not to sound like an eager teenager who didn't pay attention in English class who dreams of doing doughnuts in the High School parking lot in front of their buddies when posting on this site. It tends to stress people out knowing a Terminator has fallen into the hands of someone who sounds like they just turned 16. This car is no IROC Camaro and should be treated with the respect it deserves :nonono:

sorry guys, im not from the states but ill try to do my best, but dont talk about respect becauze you dont know how much i put on for my termi...:fm:

alibird88

Established Member
By the way, have you been to an F1 race there? The Bahrain circuit is one of my favorites, contrary to the opinion of many.

Yes, every year on the third day of the race, its nice to hear that thanx man, so what was the wether like to u...!!

SlowSVT

Established Member
sorry guys, im not from the states but ill try to do my best, but dont talk about respect becauze you dont know how much i put on for my termi...:fm:

My apology, I did not realize you were from Bahrain.

Cool knowing Terminators are prowling the roads overseas. How do people react to your car?

mu22stang

Established Member
Yes, every year on the third day of the race, its nice to hear that thanx man, so what was the wether like to u...!!

I've unfortunately never been to a race...yet. I would like to, but I think a North American or European Grand Prix is a bit more financially viable for me.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I've unfortunately never been to a race...yet. I would like to, but I think a North American or European Grand Prix is a bit more financially viable for me.

Not to jack the thread,but i`ve been to 2 of the F1 races when they were at Indy,back when Schumacher was still racing.It was always a really great time.

alibird88

Established Member
My apology, I did not realize you were from Bahrain.

Cool knowing Terminators are prowling the roads overseas. How do people react to your car?

Apology accepted, it turns heads where ever i go... i cant even discribe it, every one come's to u and say.. is that an a 03 cobra..yes..supercharged..yes..wow..this cobra is my dream..yes, mines too..... and then he talk's about the cobra video's in youtube, in bahrain we have about all kind of cars but no cobra's...... no need to say more.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Apology accepted, it turns heads where ever i go... i cant even discribe it, every one come's to u and say.. is that an a 03 cobra..yes..supercharged..yes..wow..this cobra is my dream..yes, mines too..... and then he talk's about the cobra video's in youtube, in bahrain we have about all kind of cars but no cobra's...... no need to say more.

In Europe it is a nightmare and very expensive to get a Mustang qualified to meet their safety regulations to the point where its almost not worth the hassle.

Be careful when you change out the spark plugs on your 03. Someone at Ford thought it wise to provide only 4 spark plug threads which can strip out like the head was made of chocolate pudding. They can also blow-out of the engine. The later Cobra heads have 9 threads.

Any mods on your car and do you plan on making more? Posting a few Pics of your car in Bahrain would be cool :rockon:

mu22stang

Established Member
I usually select the "Show Post" option, as it yields more results that are easier to match with what you're looking for.

Brad, I'm anxious for them to bring it back to Indy. Especially if they implement the new counter clockwise direction...

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
I run mobil 1 5w30. I live in a warm climate here in Houston so I feel a little better running a slightly higher viscosity oil. Always had good experience with mobil 1. I did about 2 hard weeks of searching info before deciding though. Seems to be what most people run. That and I'm not a fan of royal purple so it was an easy decision.

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
Some told me that 5w20 ford engine oil is bad, some said good !! some other says use redline's or other race oils, all that i now my cobra or our cobra's go throw alot racin/revs/burnouts and god knows what else, i dont know much about oil but i know it has alot to do, allways want the best for the snake's.

so whats the best oil to use ? :??:

I know your in different weather conditions, but I wouldn't say any OEM oil, like motorcraft to be bad. Ford designed these engines with such oils as Motorcraft. R&D ppl get paid big bucks to determine what their products run best on. If I were to switch from motorcraft syn blend, I would run royal purple. but just wanted to add my 2 cents too. at the very least just make sure you always keep it to the full line.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
1.74 per day
Trader Rating: (2) Motorcraft oil "bad" LOL

Be weary of anyone throwing stones at OEM equipment and supplies.

I would take peoples recommendation regarding motor oil with a grain of salt. I use Amsoil 2000 W0-30 synthetic but if someone was to ask me "is that good oil" I honestly couldn't say and my bet is neither can 99.9% of the people on this site with any certainty. Only a petroleum engineer who specializes in lubricants could answer that question best. Generally the expensive high end ($$$) synthetics are regarded as best. Royal Purple is said to be good along with other brands I am overlooking. I use Mobile 1 in my DD. My last DD I ran supermarket grade Castrol GTX W20-50 at $1.50 a quart for 300,000 miles and the car ran quiet and strong like the day it was new. Is the Amsoil better at $10.00 a quart? .....probably but the proof in the pudding is a long lasting engine with little signs of wear. For your car I would stick with a high end oil because you generally get what you pay for.

Good point. I use Amsoil 2000 0W30 also. You just have to do your research and go with what you believe is the best. Just change it at regular intervals and you should be fine. Hope this helps and welcome to the site.

Users who are viewing this thread