Densecharger CAI

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
I was just wondering what you guys and girls think of the Densecharger CAI? (Search Not Working) And if you have any dyno results would be really nice and any other comments would be really helpful. Thanks.

Screamin'SVT

Banned
I have had no problems with mine. No dyno results, but SOTP it made 3x the difference my Stingers did. Some people on here don't like them, but I'm happy with it. Just keep in mind that if you are going to pulley your car in the near future, you might want to keep your FIPK. Bends / elbows in the intake path can screw with the MAF readings on some pullied cars. Some people do it with no issues.. just something to keep in mind.

Got any pics of the M3? I love E30s and yours sounds pretty sick.

Last edited:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I have one on mine. I love it. Definately lets the car breathe. However, its a bitch to clean as you have to go thru fenderwell to take out the filter. If u can live with that then its a great product to have. Otherwise, try the steeda CAI for our cars..

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
Originally posted by Ghoust
I have one on mine. I love it. Definately lets the car breathe. However, its a bitch to clean as you have to go thru fenderwell to take out the filter. If u can live with that then its a great product to have. Otherwise, try the steeda CAI for our cars..
Those Dyno figures you have there, is that with just the Densecharger alone?

JymBart

Established Member
Densecharger

I have one on both my `94 Cobra & my `03 Cobra. I`ve never had any problems with fit, nothing hits my valve covers, no driveability issues, great product, good looks, and John DeMolet is a super guy to deal with. You`ll love the scream of your supercharger, and you`ll feel the extra ponies in the seat of your pants.

JymBart

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
i have one on my car and i see 456rwhp & 492 rwtq with a 2.76 upper un-ported eaton....I will have my Apten ported blower on this Friday and i will post up results

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had one but ended up with a mild off-idle stumbling issue. I ended up replacing it with the Steeda CAI. Power increase was almost identical but the car ran smoother from idle. Installation of the DC (and filter replacement) were a PITA. There are those (some posting above) that like it of course. JMO.

P.S. - Even though I didn't like the DC, John D. was a super guy to deal with.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I dont think you can go wrong with either the DC or the K&N. But I have heard of some people having problems with thier Densecharger, but not everyone. I say go with the K&N and be done with it. Good luck!

BLUBYU2

Established Member
I have the DC CAI and the only problems that I have had with it was the lower bolt that attaches the meter pipe to the mass air meter rubbing the valve cover. I swaped the position so the bolt head and nut are on opposite sides of the origional position. No more rub. The design is probably the simplest fender mount out there. IMO John is also #1 in my book. :thumbsup:

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I am going to order it a see how it compares to the K&N. Where is the best place to order it interms of price.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread