Demon vs Bolt-on Hellcat 1/2 Mile

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Last I heard the Demons were in the 10's. Hopefully with enough time, and the right scenario, an owner can put out something near or in the 9's.

Jefe

Established Member
Keep in mind those mph numbers are rolling start too. I figured the Demon would trap better honestly. 91 octane....I know. Hell my FBO e85 GTR did 162-163 mph at 3 different NFZ events. 160 seems weak to me for the Demon.
I did this same half mile event in Gila Bend last December and hit 152.6 bone stock on 91 octane and then 156.9 with VP109. It rained that morning so the runway wasn't perfect plus he only had 500 miles on the car. I think the Demon on 91 could hit 165.

Had the Charger not spun he would have easily cracked 170. The second run I posted above was 100 feet past the cone marker and it was a 50mph hit.

There was another upper/lower/E85 Barth Charger there and his best run was 171. 900rwhp
So I'm not allowed to assume that a car that was advertised to run 9.6 @ 140+ can't match the mph that my car did when my car only went 10.4@134 mph?

I know it's early but so far I am seeing Demon 1/4 and 1/2 mile performance in the real world that doesn't seem to match the hype that was advertised. Don't get me wrong...it's an amazing machine. I'm just saying it seems to be falling a little short of expectation.
He just got his crate this week so the new PCM, skinniers and 100+ octane run is yet to come. Thats how they get into the 9s. Although he said he wasn't a fan of the half mile and may not do it again. Probably because everyone passed him

Last edited:

sono

Established Member
I like this video. Even though it's far from apples to apples it sends a message to people. Price vs performance.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
So I'm not allowed to assume that a car that was advertised to run 9.6 @ 140+ can't match the mph that my car did when my car only went 10.4@134 mph? Jefe just said a Demon trapped 160 at the half. So say you added race gas and got the extra 32hp out of it. You still would be trapping 163-164. Maybe it's an aero issue up top. Dunno.

I know it's early but so far I am seeing Demon 1/4 and 1/2 mile performance in the real world that doesn't seem to match the hype that was advertised. Don't get me wrong...it's an amazing machine. I'm just saying it seems to be falling a little short of expectation.

Don't let your ignorance be the source of your disappointment regarding the Demon.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Heres that car beating a Viper:

And another Viper:

Against a modded ZL1:

GT500:

C7 Stingray:

That car sounds like it is spraying. Listen to the launch, shift to second and then massive change in pitch of engine sound.

WYSIWYG

Established Member
What about gearing? Demon vs Hellcat - Demon most likely geared for 1/4 drag racing not 1/2 to 1 mile speed runs??

GotGrunt

Established Member
What about gearing? Demon vs Hellcat - Demon most likely geared for 1/4 drag racing not 1/2 to 1 mile speed runs??

Yes, 2.62 for the A8 hellcats, 3.09 for the Demon. A lot of hellcat guys swap to the 3.09 which also come in the A8 392 cars.

ctgreddy

Established Member
could barely handle the video lol. But it doesnt show us anything most of us already knew. My work's bolt on hellcat with 15" rears has gone 9.43 with ease. Will go faster once tracks here open again. But at the end of the day you're comparing a modified car to a stock car so who really wins.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Yep, around 10.4 in the 1/4.

Exactly. It would be about a 10.3-4 @ 134. That's what is throwing me off on this car. So 32 more hp with race gas and it goes 9.6@140+ ? Bull shit.

So either they inflated the pump gas HP numbers or lied about that 9.6@140? Remember this car comes from the factory with their version of a Killer Chiller. So I doubt ambient temp hurts them much.

The car is fast though. Mid to low 10s from the factory is awesome.

R1Lello

Established Member
Big impressive numbers required for BIG heavyweight cars. Funny, a 500 hp 3000 lb FOX body is no longer impressive as a 808 hp 4440 Ib car. Sad

GotGrunt

Established Member
Exactly. It would be about a 10.3-4 @ 134. That's what is throwing me off on this car. So 32 more hp with race gas and it goes 9.6@140+ ? Bull shit.

So either they inflated the pump gas HP numbers or lied about that 9.6@140? Remember this car comes from the factory with their version of a Killer Chiller. So I doubt ambient temp hurts them much.

The car is fast though. Mid to low 10s from the factory is awesome.

Everyone said the same thing when the Hellcat was released, that it wouldn’t run a 10.8 stock with drag radials as Dodge claimed it would. We all know many stock cars with drag radials have matched and also surpassed that number. Wait until the owners get some track time under their belt WITH the front skinnies and the race gas tune.

One thing to mention, the launch control is disabled on the SRT cars until you reach 500 miles. I’m not sure if that applies to the Demon as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread