Demon vs Bolt-on Hellcat 1/2 Mile

Z28

Established Member
Not the best angles, but interesting none the less. Racing starts at around the 3:40 mark.

Video description says the following:

"STOCK DODGE DEMON VS BOLT ON HELLCAT IN A HALF MILE RACE. THE HELLCAT WON BOTH RACES. THERE WAS A DRIVER ERROR BY THE DEMON DRIVER THE FIRST RACE, THE SECOND RACE THE HELLCAT WALKED BY THE DEMON ON THE BIG END FOR THE WIN."

Last edited:

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
The sound of those two cars together is intoxicating. I keep resisting going all in on these Hellcats, but the testosterone boost you get from them is so tempting.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I saw that vid prior and too much flair for me. Just show the damn race from start to finish from a few different angles.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
so a drag radial can't go 168 mph? thats odd cause I've them go well over 200 mph in the 1/4 mile. the Demon has a DR and its no where near as sticky as the radial Pro and is more street worth being a 17 inch.

NT05R's are rated up to 168mph, plenty of mph for what it was designed to do.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I believe once you install the race ECU (included in OEM crate) the speed is no longer limited.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I believe once you install the race ECU (included in OEM crate) the speed is no longer limited.

Would make sense since then it's for off-road use and it probably limits how liable they are. I was just always told OEM had to limit the car to what ever the stock tire is rated to.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
That video had too much gay in it for me. Where is the in car footage?

Keep in mind those mph numbers are rolling start too. I figured the Demon would trap better honestly. 91 octane....I know. Hell my FBO e85 GTR did 162-163 mph at 3 different NFZ events. 160 seems weak to me for the Demon.

apache driver

Established Member
That video had too much gay in it for me. Where is the in car footage?

Keep in mind those mph numbers are rolling start too. I figured the Demon would trap better honestly. 91 octane....I know. Hell my FBO e85 GTR did 162-163 mph at 3 different NFZ events. 160 seems weak to me for the Demon.

The Demon was designed for ET in the 1/4 mile. Do you want a pat on the back because your FBO e85 GTR is 3 mph faster in the 1/2 mile than a STOCK demon?

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
The Demon was designed for ET in the 1/4 mile. Do you want a pat on the back because your FBO e85 GTR is 3 mph faster in the 1/2 mile than a STOCK demon?

So I'm not allowed to assume that a car that was advertised to run 9.6 @ 140+ can't match the mph that my car did when my car only went 10.4@134 mph? Jefe just said a Demon trapped 160 at the half. So say you added race gas and got the extra 32hp out of it. You still would be trapping 163-164. Maybe it's an aero issue up top. Dunno.

I know it's early but so far I am seeing Demon 1/4 and 1/2 mile performance in the real world that doesn't seem to match the hype that was advertised. Don't get me wrong...it's an amazing machine. I'm just saying it seems to be falling a little short of expectation.

Users who are viewing this thread