Demon Owner Who Should Have Waited for GT500...

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
... I just don't care about track times, I want straight line speed and power.

And that is what you got.

As soon as the GT350 was released spy photos of the GT500 surfaced, so I waited. I thought FOR SURE I would know what the GT500 would be BEFORE buying a Dodge Demon.

Which implies you were impatient and jumped the gun. I would think a fellow with the means to own a Hellcat, then a Demon would shrug it off and move on to the next latest best thing. You know, live in the moment, life's too short, yada yada...

It's hard to deny Dodge has turned the Demon into a thing of legend before one even hit the street. The claims of course are total BS. "Fastest Production Car Ever." No it's not. "Most Horsepower Ever"...Again...nope.

This info is unchanged since before you bought the Demon. being a clever fellow with an internet connection, I know you were aware amrketing is all about hype before you plunked down the moola. And you certainly knew that there would be something even better on the not too distant horizon.

But hard to deny the bad ass nature of the car. It's got 840bhp, can pop a wheelie, run on race gas, $1 crate option...etc.

Can you go wrong with a Demon or GT500? 99% of society / kids would die to grow up and be able to afford either.

Yet, you do not seem happy.

I'm not a troll. I respect the HELL out of the GT500. Heck I said why I would have wanted one instead. How is that being a troll.
What is comical is how some on here think I am BS'ing about owning a Hellcat or having a Demon. Why would I come on here and lie about that?

I have no reason not to believe you.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
How am I a troll? I've owned a Shelby GT500 (2010). I've driven a Hellcat for 2 years and WAITED and WAITED for the GT500 for what seems like forever. As cool as the GT350 is, I just don't care about track times, I want straight line speed and power. As soon as the GT350 was released spy photos of the GT500 surfaced, so I waited. I thought FOR SURE I would know what the GT500 would be BEFORE buying a Dodge Demon.

It's hard to deny Dodge has turned the Demon into a thing of legend before one even hit the street. The claims of course are total BS. "Fastest Production Car Ever." No it's not. "Most Horsepower Ever"...Again...nope. But hard to deny the bad ass nature of the car. It's got 840bhp, can pop a wheelie, run on race gas, $1 crate option...etc.

Can you go wrong with a Demon or GT500? 99% of society / kids would die to grow up and be able to afford either. I'm not a troll. I respect the HELL out of the GT500. Heck I said why I would have wanted one instead. How is that being a troll.

What is comical is how some on here think I am BS'ing about owning a Hellcat or having a Demon. Why would I come on here and lie about that?
Wow. Twice you couldn’t wait just 6 months to a year for a better gt500 to be out.
10 to the 11 al block GT500
18 Demon to 19 GT500

Nice.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Demons cant match Dodge’s times? Literally a few handfuls have been delivered. So far only one had been brought to a drag strip. On pump gas. Still learning the car.

Used low milage hellcats going for low 40’s???

Obvious troll is obvious...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Does a TESLA, GTR, TURBO S 911, McClaren 720s use Drag Radials to HOOK UP? NO, so STFU! Only goomba's drive around the streets with drag radials on the back of their cars.

The statement above says all you need to know about the OP.

AWD vs RWD :rolleyes:

OP, make sure to get rid of those subpar OEM drag radials and enjoy using your new Demon's 800+ hp to it's full potential running some good Westlake summer tires.

tenor.gif

conceptmachine

Established Member
My dealer sold a hellcat not too long ago for under invoice. I forget what he called it... holdback something rather.
He was the same one that offered me the demon at MSRP.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Why build a $90,000 race car that can't be used at an NHRA sanctioned racetrack.

In Depth with the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

It’s also quick enough that an NHRA-sanctioned drag strip will require you to install a roll cage. Indeed, SRT boss Tim Kuniskis is proud of the letter he received from the NHRA telling him his car is banned without one.

snakedoctor

Established Member
When you actually engineer a new car it take 2, 3 Years. Ford has not taken long at all as it’s only been just over two year(26 months to be exact) since they finished the GT350.

Of course if you just want a blower and lowering springs, that would only take about 6 months to complete. I’d rather have a complete car and wait 3 years....

I don't know why people keep saying it's only been 2 years. It's been 4 years since there was a GT500.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Was a 2015. White. Red interior. Brass Monkey Rims. 6-speed manual. Had black vinyl wrapped hood. Took a bath on it when trading in.

FYI "trading in" =/= "selling." Because you traded your Hellcat in for $43k does not mean that prices are "plummeting" or that they are selling in the "low $40s." Cheapest I have seen is $45k.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I don't know why people keep saying it's only been 2 years. It's been 4 years since there was a GT500.
SVT now Ford Performance only work on one new mustang at a time. They are the ones who built both the GT500 and GT350.

Actual timelines from my memory.
11 GT500 in dealers spring 2010
13 GT500 in dealers summer of 2012. A little over 26 months for r and d.
15/16 GT350 at dealers nov of 2015.
About 30 months of r and d.
Currently we are at 26 months of r and d in the new GT500.

How is the current timeline any different than the recent past?

conceptmachine

Established Member
I’ve been told that ford started working on the GT500 at the end of 2015. It will not come until mid to later next year. That is 3.5+years, before people will start getting them. Most won’t see them for 4+ as orders get filled.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
SVT now Ford Performance only work on one new mustang at a time. They are the ones who built both the GT500 and GT350.

That is only an explanation of a self imposed limitation of why we have not had a new GT500 in 4 years. May even be considered a straw man.

Has there been a GT500 since 2014? No. Is a GT500 the same as a GT350? No.

While I understand that FP has limited resources, they still have not produced a GT500 since 2014. I understand that there may be a "reason", but it doesn't change the facts.

Users who are viewing this thread