Demon Owner Who Should Have Waited for GT500...

conceptmachine

Established Member
I don't think we need to worry about motorsports changing over to electric in our lifetime, unless your in your 20's/30's :(

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Nah. Instead of lugging 10gal gas jugs to the track, you'll be packing 3-4 battery packs.
...and there will be onboard generators / alternators / stators, and inverters to charge the batteries while the vehicle is in motion. If don't correctly, a battery powered car could refuel itself.

The sad part is that I am not an EV fan. I like my fossil fuel burning, noise making, combustion engine. I do not trust EV tech at the moment. I see more negatives than positives.

Have you ever seen a battery explode? It is impressive on many levels.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I don't think we need to worry about motorsports changing over to electric in our lifetime, unless your in your 20's/30's :(
Lol Nick and I are both in our 20s so this is a very real thing for us.

The only saving grace is how intensely fast electric cars are. Also, by their nature, they can have lower centers of gravity and better weight distribution than conventional setups. The NIO EP9 ran a 6:45 at the ring and this tech is still in it's infancy.

I just hope companies remember to make cars fun.

Voltwings

Established Member

The only saving grace is how intensely fast electric cars are. Also, by their nature, they can have lower centers of gravity and better weight distribution than conventional setups. The NIO EP9 ran a 6:45 at the ring and this tech is still in it's infancy.

Yup, 26 here. Yeah, dont get me wrong, if you give me something that can weigh what a miata weighs but punch like a mustang i'm all about it. The sound and shifting gears however are a very, very big part of the driving experience, and taking that away ... might as well just ride a roller coaster and save the money.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Wow dude that is definitely in the running for the DUMBEST post of the year..... it really seizes to amaze me how clueless ppl are when it comes to fast cars smh

here's a clue for ya..... FAST cars don't hook up without DR's and ppl driving FAST cars don't drive them in the rain. if ur car hooks up on the street with street tires then ur shit is SLOW!

and what do u think $5k in Demon mods will do to the Demon? did ya think of that?

a low mileage Hellcat in the 40's now huh? now u sound plain stupid. and dude the skinny tire is an option. u don't drive around on the street with the skinny tire smh wow get a clue dude!

lots of Demon owners have sold their Demon and moved onto the Hellcat? LMAO that made me LOL literally. show me where all the used Demons for sale are?

maybe u should educate urself first before having diarrhea of the mouth cause I'm starting to think ur like 12 years old!

I have to admit, while I love the Demon, I can't help but feel the GT500 will be the far superior car to drive. Both are insane cars, but when you are dropping 100K on a Muscle Car, you want it to do more than just go fast in a straight line. Here's my issues with the Demon vs GT500.

1. Drag Radials on all 4 tires is silly for street use. For me to drive the Demon in the rain, or faster than 168mph, I have to change the wheel/tire setup to the street package they offer. It's basically what comes on the widebody Hellcat. $5,000 option! Think about that, you have to spend $5,000 on top of $90,000+ just to safely drive the car in the rain. If I stick with the DR's, they will get me like 5K miles at most and cost $1,600 to replace.

2. Once you option out the Demon, it puts all of the weight back into the car. You'd be a fool not to order the seats for $1. Sorry I like a good stereo :)

3. Most disappointing is how hard it has proven to achieve Dodge's marketing times for this car. The car will literally NEVER hook up on the street. Even with a prepped track, conditions have to be perfectly ideal to get anywhere close to Dodge's numbers. Whatever numbers Ford releases for the GT500 will be MUCH EASIER to consistently BANG OFF. Why? Cause they won't be numbers that require the following: Only 1 seat, drag radials, skinny front tires, prepped track with glue down, huge burnout to warm up tires...etc.

4. Hellcat with 5K and mods can pull on a Demon. There's no denying this simple fact. You can get a low mileage Hellcat for low 40's now. Toss in a pulley / tune for 5K and pull on a Demon. That's literally 50% cheaper version of ostensibly the same car. There's a reason why we are starting to see Demons for sale with 150 miles on the odometer. Lots of Demon owners moved over from their Hellcats and are realizing the car is just a tad faster but cost them twice as much. When they Dyno'd a Demon vs Hellcat, the Demon only put out 34 more bhp to the rear wheels. Indicating the Hellcats were underrated at 707, whereas the Demon is rated properly.

5. My last point is a subjective reason. I'm kind of tired of the mopar community that primarily only talks about the resale value of their Demons. It's like all these dudes try and buy these cars who can't afford them, speculate on future prices, and keep the dumb yellow front splitter guard on just because they are OCD and anal about driving their cars. Dodge makes this bad ass Mad Max beast, and these guys are only concerned about what it will be worth 20 years from now.

I just hate Ford for taking so long! If Ford had this car out when I bought my Demon I'd seriously have chosen the GT500. Both are amazing cars, but I do think the Demon is a one-trick pony hype car made by a broke company. Whereas Ford took the time and invested a lot more to make the GT500 truly amazing.

DropSVT

Established Member
Ah demon owners realizing their one trick pony isn't even very good at it's one trick... dodge used a bunch of smoke and mirrors to sell you a expensive hellcat

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

conceptmachine

Established Member

Yeah, well, you will probably be crusty and unable to drive a vehicle by that age ;)
Really tho, About 13 years ago, lithium batteries and brushless motors started taking over the RC model industry. It was unreal at how light the batteries were, with how much punch they had in combination with brushless motors. Since then the lithium industry has taken off as well as the brushless motor tech. It was first big in the RC stuff tho, where actual consumers were benefiting. It was awesome. Yes, you lose the sound...the smell of gas, as well as the run time, but the performance is awesome. Shit, if all I have to do is work on an electric motor, I'm good with that, besides, they last forever.

I wouldn't mind having a super car with batteries in them. I'm afraid that making them super light weight, is still a ways off. Give me an electrified F-GT, I'll be all over that. Just make it so that we have a chance to buy one Ford.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Wow dude that is definitely in the running for the DUMBEST post of the year..... it really seizes to amaze me how clueless ppl are when it comes to fast cars smh

here's a clue for ya..... FAST cars don't hook up without DR's and ppl driving FAST cars don't drive them in the rain. if ur car hooks up on the street with street tires then ur shit is SLOW!

and what do u think $5k in Demon mods will do to the Demon? did ya think of that?

a low mileage Hellcat in the 40's now huh? now u sound plain stupid. and dude the skinny tire is an option. u don't drive around on the street with the skinny tire smh wow get a clue dude!

lots of Demon owners have sold their Demon and moved onto the Hellcat? LMAO that made me LOL literally. show me where all the used Demons for sale are?

maybe u should educate urself first before having diarrhea of the mouth cause I'm starting to think ur like 12 years old!

I said people that BOUGHT Demons MOVED over there from their Hellcats. Nobody is selling a Demon to get a Hellcat.

Does a TESLA, GTR, TURBO S 911, McClaren 720s use Drag Radials to HOOK UP? NO, so STFU! Only goomba's drive around the streets with drag radials on the back of their cars.

Hellcat prices are PLUMMETING. I just sold mine for $43,000 with 10,000 miles. Is that not low mileage for a '15? Less than 5,000 miles a year. They made SO MANY Hellcats, you're gonna see tons for sale in the low 40s.

$5K in Demon mods? Are you a ****ing idiot. Who would take a $100,000 Dodge and void the warranty with $5,000 in parts? Probably you. That's the problem with the Demon. Dodge is going to **** OVER anyone that tinkers with this car and tries to make a warranty claim.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Don't get me wrong guys, you can't go wrong with either a Demon or a GT500. But I think Dodge sort of hood winked the auto world with the Demon numbers. All I see is owners not coming close to the miracle runs Dodge marketed. Whereas my friend that has a McClaren 650s...his shit hits the marketed times every day.

I may think about selling my Demon for a GT500. My only concern is Ford will have the same BS ADM issues as Dodge has had with the Demon and I got my Demon at MSRP. Would never pay a penny over MSRP for a car.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
live and learn. BUT Dodge's marketing hype machine is very VERY good at what they do. If only the rest of their cars were as good as that department. lol

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
How am I a troll? I've owned a Shelby GT500 (2010). I've driven a Hellcat for 2 years and WAITED and WAITED for the GT500 for what seems like forever. As cool as the GT350 is, I just don't care about track times, I want straight line speed and power. As soon as the GT350 was released spy photos of the GT500 surfaced, so I waited. I thought FOR SURE I would know what the GT500 would be BEFORE buying a Dodge Demon.

It's hard to deny Dodge has turned the Demon into a thing of legend before one even hit the street. The claims of course are total BS. "Fastest Production Car Ever." No it's not. "Most Horsepower Ever"...Again...nope. But hard to deny the bad ass nature of the car. It's got 840bhp, can pop a wheelie, run on race gas, $1 crate option...etc.

Can you go wrong with a Demon or GT500? 99% of society / kids would die to grow up and be able to afford either. I'm not a troll. I respect the HELL out of the GT500. Heck I said why I would have wanted one instead. How is that being a troll.

What is comical is how some on here think I am BS'ing about owning a Hellcat or having a Demon. Why would I come on here and lie about that?

Snoopy49

Established Member
What is comical is how some on here think I am BS'ing about owning a Hellcat or having a Demon. Why would I come on here and lie about that?

It has been done by others in the past and it will be done in the future. Just change Hellcat and Demon to any other car.

Users who are viewing this thread