Demon in Detail

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I honestly don't see what the hype is with these cars. I'd rather have a hellcat challenger. You can't even compare this to a cobra jet

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
It's a stock car that hauls the mail in the 1/4 mile. Cobra Jet can't be tagged and the Demon can, so that's a win right there.

And a hellcat challenger is no different but offers more and can be made just as fast and costs less and is readily available. That's a win in my book

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I like Doug's reviews. He does it a little different from everyone else but showing the little stuff is nice, most other publications don't do that.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yeah, I like when he does the quirks and features. He got too exited about the "Favorite" song thing, though. That's just the "memo" feature that's on nearly all satellite radios. It is a cool feature, though.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I honestly don't see what the hype is with these cars. I'd rather have a hellcat challenger. You can't even compare this to a cobra jet

Change it to a Hellcat Charger and I agree completely. It is awesome that a big 3 manufacturer built a car like that, but it isn't something I ever want to own.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Demon is a piece of shit. Tim Allen is such a fool to waste his money on a car that, can't even run low 11s. An '18 5.0 runs 11s stock, with bolt ons, it will destroy the Demon, no contest.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know,..........there's something about the Demon I don't like. Yeah, it's a drag strip bruiser, which I am waiting to see actual videos of on Youtube.
Maybe it's the stupid looking fender flares? I definitely don't like them. Looks ugly on the Demon and the widebody Hellcat Challenger.

deepsouthtech

Established Member
I don't know,..........there's something about the Demon I don't like. Yeah, it's a drag strip bruiser, which I am waiting to see actual videos of on Youtube.
Maybe it's the stupid looking fender flares? I definitely don't like them. Looks ugly on the Demon and the widebody Hellcat Challenger.

I agree. The flares turned me off from the get go. Pass

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

pretty much my thoughts, those flares look like they belong on a 3rd gen camaro sitting up on blocks in front of a double-wide. I definitely prefer the regular Hellcat to the Demon.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pretty interesting and well done review video. I like learning as much about a car as possible. I respect what Dodge has done with the Hellcats and Demon. It's brought a lot of attention to Dodge. And greater respect for the brand. But, I said this in another thread. I predict when the '19 GT-500 steps out on the asphalt, it is going to take a lot of the glory and attention the Hellcats and Demon are getting. Like a muscular and strong light heavyweight fighter putting a surprise pummeling to a heavyweight fighter. I just have this feeling in my gut that the new GT-500 is going to be a home run for Ford. We'll see.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member

pretty much my thoughts, those flares look like they belong on a 3rd gen camaro sitting up on blocks in front of a double-wide. I definitely prefer the regular Hellcat to the Demon.

Even though I agree about the way they look, they are there for a reason more than just "styling". They had to do it to cover the massive drag radials mounted on all 4's.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Even though I agree about the way they look, they are there for a reason more than just "styling". They had to do it to cover the massive drag radials mounted on all 4's.
True. Need that traction. lol

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

I do concede they serve a purpose, but Dodge should have done front fenders and rear quarters for the Demon, not the JC Whitney bullshit they did.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
If Ford had a (insert more venemous snake than a Cobra) filling this spot in their Mustang line-up, I would probably be sniffing around the Over-Time tree to see what I could dig up.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
If Ford had a (insert more venemous snake than a Cobra) filling this spot in their Mustang line-up, I would probably be sniffing around the Over-Time tree to see what I could dig up.

Since when is it too early to get started? Never know when life will get in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread