Delivery!!!

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
Billetflow idlers!

I got the whole kit, but I'm just going to put on the replacement 100mm idlers for now.

Once I get the blower pully I want, I'll pull off the top 100mm pully and replace it with the 90mm, and put the 100mm on the bracket so it'll make the belt wrap all the way around the blower pully.

I'm gonna wait on the replacement belt and blower pully till I'm ready to go get the tune done.

idlers1.jpg

idlers2.jpg

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
wizdawg said:
looks very nice. does the black (or any color for that matter) on the pulleys where the belt wraps/touches wear off over time?

I suppose it's possible.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get them on the car. The stock idlers are not actually 100mm it seems. I'm extending the tensioner as much as it will go and can't get the belt back on.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Jon00GT said:
I suppose it's possible.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get them on the car. The stock idlers are not actually 100mm it seems. I'm extending the tensioner as much as it will go and can't get the belt back on.

Stock idlers are 90 mm. Doug's replacement idlers are 92mm. That should not cause any issues with belt size. But if you are going to 100 mm idlers, you will need a larger belt.

1FastFord

Established Member
I was able to get the 3 lower idlers on (1 90 and 2 100) with a 76" belt. Now I have the whole kit on with the stock pulley and I needed a 77" belt. One day I will change the supercharger pulley but for right now I love the look.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks nice Jon. I noticed in your signature that you have the Magnaflow catted X-pipe but you don't list a catback. Are you using the stock catback?

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
Stock idlers are 90 mm. Doug's replacement idlers are 92mm. That should not cause any issues with belt size. But if you are going to 100 mm idlers, you will need a larger belt.

Yeah I dorked it up a little bit.

What I finally did was put on two of the 100mm ones, the lower and to the right, and for the left one (near the tensioner) I used the 92mm. I just had to get in the right spot so I could get leverage to stretch the belt and slide the pully on, and then held down the tensioner with one hand and bolted the thing on with the other. LOL

1FastFord said:
I was able to get the 3 lower idlers on (1 90 and 2 100) with a 76" belt. Now I have the whole kit on with the stock pulley and I needed a 77" belt. One day I will change the supercharger pulley but for right now I love the look.

Do you have the original or the new bracket? I still have some belt squeak so I figure I'll go ahead and buy a bigger belt so I can put the 4th pully on.

CobraBob said:
Looks nice Jon. I noticed in your signature that you have the Magnaflow catted X-pipe but you don't list a catback. Are you using the stock catback?

No, but that dyno was with the stock catback and welded in flowmaster mufflers.

I had the Maggie cat-back in the garage, but was working on polishing up the tailpipes visible behind the gas tank. It's now on the car.

I hope 800x600 is not too huge....actually I'll just link them. (exhaust)
http://www.jpispace.com/images/e1.jpg
http://www.jpispace.com/images/e2.jpg

Last edited:

1FastFord

Established Member
I had to get Doug to send me the old style bracket because the new one doesn't work with the stock pulley.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
1FastFord said:
I had to get Doug to send me the old style bracket because the new one doesn't work with the stock pulley.

I'm glad you mentioned that, I wasn't aware there would be a problem, though I can see how it would be now that I think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread