Delivery damage on 2020 GT350

FIVEHOE

Established Member
man I get that people are saying to just get it fixed or whatever, but there's no way I would buy an 80k+ "new" car just to turn around and have to get damage repaired and shit painted. Even if I was tracking it. Would absolutely not be buying experience I'd want to go through, but that's just me. Some people obviously have no issue taking a discount.

Different strokes for different folks.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
man I get that people are saying to just get it fixed or whatever, but there's no way I would buy an 80k+ "new" car just to turn around and have to get damage repaired and shit painted. Even if I was tracking it. Would absolutely not be buying experience I'd want to go through, but that's just me. Some people obviously have no issue taking a discount.

Well, of course nobody would be happy, but as long as it’s not on the Carfax and effecting long term value, let them fix it better than new and enjoy the car you want now, for a driving season that’s never long enough!
I doubt he can just walk and have another ‘perfect’ GT350 next week.
No new car is perfect, but a high end paint shop can likely repair not only the front bumper, but do a full car paint correction and make it better than new.
Good luck OP, what did you decide?
-J

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
nope. a quality shop will make it look perfect.

That is my point though, It's not actually perfect. Most people can't tell but to someone who knows what they are looking for then they can find it the differences. It's never the same as before but a good painter can conceal that so your eyes don't pick up on the differences.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

In the automotive industry, and most industries in general, components, sub-assemblies, final assemblies, and completed vehicles are reworked/repaired all the time. Because the defect(s) was returned to print/inspection specifications, or deviated/waivered, you would never know.

In this case, as long as the repair doesn't show-up on the carfax/autocheck, I'd be OK with it.

Users who are viewing this thread