Delivered..woohoo..finally!

CMP

Fanatic Cobra Poster
Established Member
Good justification for a lift.

I have room in the garage for a lift, but the wife is going to shoot down that idea. I already "control" about 80% of the garage with my motorcycles so adding the new Shelby is going to make matters worse (she is not going to put her new Audi outside in the driveway..it is her baby and I understand and agree with her). It was a struggle getting her to agree on getting the Shelby so I am not pushing my luck:poke:. I am going to have to put my motorcycles staged in "dealership mode" with them right next to each other (it is going to be a pain getting a charger on all of them unless I pull batteries out:uh oh: and put them all in one corner of the garage). Even though the lift sounds like a good idea..in her mind it is more man stuff that gets in her way:rollseyes).

Snoopy49

Established Member
Paint the lift pink, put a ribbon on it and give it to her for Christmas. How can she possibly say no?

CMP

Fanatic Cobra Poster
Established Member
Well Finally!

The new baby is home. Sorry wife had the other camera and I just snapped these using my iPhone:

IMG_20191.jpg

IMG_20171.jpg

IMG_20151.jpg

My initial impressions on the hour and half drive home is:

*That clutch engages high. I am still too use to my h/c/i/vortech '95 cobra which is a very low engagement. I am sure I will get use to it (probably just need to adjust my riding position), but I was extra careful to not ride the 4 mile old clutch on the way home. By the way the only smell I can perceive is the new tires when I pulled into my garage (I will have to get use to hill assist in my driveway anyway + a high clutch makes things different (not difficult).

*The exhaust note is not very noticeable going 75mph in 6 gear on the highway, but anywhere above 2000rpm under an overpass or next to a sound wall is basically music to my ears. By far the best sounding exhaust on a stock car...better then my old viper.

*There were some tight on ramps going home and the car is very planted. I did not even push it, but I can tell this car's nose will be easy to stick down to a turning point and not have much push to worry about. The end seems to track with the front very consistently (inspiring driver confidence for sure).

*Interior was not too dressy (wife describe it as that), but there is just the right amount of flash to say this is definitely a man's car (wife again). The recaro seats are wonderful. They seem to fit me well and I can see these holding me way better at an autocross versus my old leather slider chairs on my previous cobra.

*Shifting: No problems encountered other than the fact that I need to relearn how to shift as I keep forgetting this is a mustang with a six speed. The shifter was smooth and I did not feel it was even close to being notchy as compared to my 5.0 shifters in my other mustangs.

*Power: I have not pushed it much as I am following a strict break in for this car. You can tell at low rpms that this car wants to fly. I have not even reached 100 miles yet so will will see how the next 1-200 miles go when the car lets go of its software lock on boost.

*On the street..lots and lots of people stop what they are doing to look. Mostly stares from camaro owners (I am not kidding or exaggerating in this). With all the press this car received I am not surprised. Everyone with a mustang, camaro..or even a couple of charges either gave a thumbs up or just nodded..simply a beautiful car.

*I will put more information as soon as possible (tired..need sleep in a bad way due to the excitement from today)..

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Congrats and thanks for the review. Glad you're out and enjoying it. :thumbsup:

Nice to hear you like the stock exhaust note, I am seriously considering leaving mine stock too, though I must point out that having a better sound than a Viper isn't much to brag about. I've heard riding lawnmowers that sounded better. lol

CMP

Fanatic Cobra Poster
Established Member
Congrats and thanks for the review. Glad you're out and enjoying it. :thumbsup:

Nice to hear you like the stock exhaust note, I am seriously considering leaving mine stock too, though I must point out that having a better sound than a Viper isn't much to brag about. I've heard riding lawnmowers that sounded better. lol

Very true...lol. I was a bit frustrated with the viper exhaust. Even switched to borlas...and it still sounded like an import fart cannon...I was embarrased to rev it:cryying:

CMP

Fanatic Cobra Poster
Established Member
Looks familiar :)

Congrats man! I don't even want to say how many times I've washed it....

DSCN3028.jpg

Very cool. You have a black one which are the fastest ones:) I have not washed mine yet as it is stored in my garage and I do see the dust already. I will wash it up once I get better cleaning tools (need new microfibers/wash sponges) because I don't want ANY scratches or swirls on it.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread