Delivered..woohoo..finally!

CMP

Fanatic Cobra Poster
Established Member
Well...finally! Got a call from the dealership and was told that my car was being off loaded from the truck and being delivered to the dealership (they were putting it on the inside of the showroom to avoid the possible incoming rains and I am sure to serve as a centerpiece before I pick it up this weekend).

Phew..now I will be official instead of a poser:)coolman:) in this section of the forums...JK. This is my first modular mustang (yes..I resisted so far being perfectly content on doing the normal h/c/i/supercharger thing for many years and I have stranded a bit at times...had a 2003 viper GTS that I had track days planned for, but never really panned out), but this time around I am just keeping it simple (probably just a tune and probably at most pulley +TB+meth+cage+DRs and safety belts for the most part). Other than that it is staying stock and completely drivable as my daily driver and sometimes track car).

I am sooooooo stoked and will give some initial impressions and a review as soon as I can.:banana:

reason4treason

Established Member
drive it like you had to go through Ford to get it.

nonetheless, fast times we live in.

congratulations!

Last edited:

CMP

Fanatic Cobra Poster
Established Member
drive it like you had to go through Ford to get it.

nonetheless, fast times we live in.

congratulations!

I know what you mean. I got extremely lucky on this. I just happened to come upon a cancelled order and was able to snipe it (had to add electronics and seats to it though while it was being built) and was able to get the order in my name for the allocation for a very small deposit (mostly paperwork). The original purchaser opted for a convertible...so thank you convertible owner...you saved me about 7 months of wait :dancenana:time:).

One thing I did was tell the dealership to NOT drill a license plate bracket onto the car..almost forgot that...drove down the street and turned back around because images of two drilled holes in the front bumper sickened me...lol.

Last edited:

CMP

Fanatic Cobra Poster
Established Member
Congrats! Pics or ban!~ :lol:
Should have them after this weekend. i am crossing my fingers for good weather though so the car will be at least clean for the photos:rolling:. A day after rain on a black car (all my cars are black btw) is pretty nasty.

san6279

Established Member
I know what you mean. I got extremely lucky on this. I just happened to come upon a cancelled order and was able to snipe it (had to add electronics and seats to it though while it was being built) and was able to get the order in my name for the allocation for a very small deposit (mostly paperwork). The original purchaser opted for a convertible...so thank you controvertible owner...you saved me about 7 months of wait :dancenana:time:).

One thing I did was tell the dealership to NOT drill a license plate bracket onto the car..almost forgot that...drove down the street and turned back around because images of two drilled holes in the front bumper sickened me...lol.

Any dealership that drills holes in these cars w/o asking should be ______ (fill in the blank). I left also and had to call in to make sure. Caught them in time.

Congrats on the new ride

svt 500

Established Member
Congrats!! I know your glad to finally get it. To all of us who haven't received ours, I'm sure the wait is going to be worth it!!

5.0 guy

Established Member
Enjoy the ride regardless, my car is in production according to svt this morning, by the time it's hear I'll be trailering it to my garage through snow!

Snoopy49

Established Member
Enjoy the ride regardless, my car is in production according to svt this morning, by the time it's hear I'll be trailering it to my garage through snow!

You will be able to take pride in having the most expensive garage heater in Colorado.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Already have five convertibles in the garage, never really planned where I'm parking the new Shelby, maybe time for a lift since my ceilings are 14'. But yes it will be very warm!

Users who are viewing this thread