Deleting Items

fullofvenom

Established Member
I'm in the process of changing some things in my car and I wondered if anyone might have any experience with deleting things like the ABS system, air bags, heater core......

I understand how to physically remove all of it, but I'm wondering what impact it might have on the computer, if any.

Anyone have any experience with removing some of the items mentioned above? This is intended to be a permanent change.

Thanks!

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
May I ask why you are deleting them?
when you remove the ABS I believe the light will come on on the dash, prob could get that tuned out or something, air bag prob have the light come on too.. but im just guessing

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
the ABS light will be on all the time, my tuner told my roomate to just pull the bulb out of the cluster, problem sold. lol

My94GT

Established Member
the lights on the dash will come on. i guess like said pull the bulbs. the car wont run any differently

fullofvenom

Established Member
May I ask why you are deleting them?

Because they aren't needed. I'm trying to make a lean mean growling prick of a mustang. I want it basic and simple. Car did exist before power steering, abs. airbags, a/c...I don't want any of that anymore. A driving machine is what I'm after.

white97

Established Member
lol x1003245371834758972875

I hope this car's being transformed into a track only car or this guy is a major douche.

oh so every guy driving old cars that have no abs or airbags are total douche's. i can see where hes coming from. hell lot of people turn there abs of. some dont like it.

white97

Established Member
why the hell do so many people care about what somebody else wants to do to their car. ITS THERE CAR. he asked a simple question on what the affects are( lights in dash ETC.) and now you call him a douche. reall mature. if he doesnt want abs or an airbag so be it.

Last edited:

JP96cobra

Established Member
why the hell do so many people care about what somebody else wants to do to their car. ITS THERE CAR. he asked a simple question on what the affects are( lights in dash ETC.) and now you call him a douche. reall mature. if he doesnt want abs or an airbag so be it.

+1 my abs has been disconnected for about 2 years now. All i have is that damn light but it doesnt bother me.

Toasty

Established Member
I'm in the process of changing some things in my car and I wondered if anyone might have any experience with deleting things like the ABS system, air bags, heater core......

I understand how to physically remove all of it, but I'm wondering what impact it might have on the computer, if any.

Anyone have any experience with removing some of the items mentioned above? This is intended to be a permanent change.

Thanks!

I think you should sell your Cobra and buy a 76 Camaro to destroy. What the **** are you thinking?

Toasty

Established Member

Because he *ASKED* for our opinion you moron. Its not like we singled him out randomly from the SVTP subscriber list...

Toasty

Established Member
Because they aren't needed. I'm trying to make a lean mean growling prick of a mustang. I want it basic and simple. Car did exist before power steering, abs. airbags, a/c...I don't want any of that anymore. A driving machine is what I'm after.

Wow. You are awesome... :loser:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

Thanks!

I'll be doing the same thing and my car will also be a street car. The ABS light can be shut off in the computer or as previously stated, you can remove the bulb.
http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=727.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Because he *ASKED* for our opinion you moron. Its not like we singled him out randomly from the SVTP subscriber list...

He did not ask for anyone's opinion. He asked for help solving an issue. Lately and for some unknown reason people have been bashing others for what they want to do to their cars. We should be helping, not criticizing.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
He did not ask for anyone's opinion. He asked for help solving an issue. Lately and for some unknown reason people have been bashing others for what they want to do to their cars. We should be helping, not criticizing.

ever notice though how a good % of those people have less then 1000 posts :??:

Cobra96SVT

Beat Slow
Established Member
My abs has been down since my car was in a parking lot that flooded with water that was up to the top of my tires. Its fun when the wheels lock up:banana:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I'm not here to argue with anyone, I just personally don't feel speaking up is wrong if they're going to do something that could potentially injure them or even cost them their life. Sometimes people are so strongly focused on the positive aspects that they don't stop to think about the con's of doing something like what the original poster is talking about...

If they want to remove that stuff, they're welcome to do whatever they feel appropriate. It's their vehicle. I just hope they never find themselves in an accident or injured as a result of removing the equipment.

This forum is about more than just tech information.

fullofvenom

Established Member
Wow, talk about idiots. You negative people must not have faired to well on school tests because none of you come remotely close to answering the question I presented. I'd like to respond to each dickhead that posted negative crap, but I won't be bothered.

In short, it will be a street car, but I do want to get it on a track. It will have a cage, race seats and a multi point harness. All of which will shit on the the safety equipment from the factory.

Thanks for teh comments na_svt (and white97). Its nice to know there are some adults in this section.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread