deleting IMRC's

bumsoil

Established Member
I have spent too much money and time trying to get the IMRC's to work right and not leak. but I give up.

bama will tune for imrc's and im about to make deletes. any advice for me?
ill be using aluminum plates BTW.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Did your car come with aluminum plates? Only advice I have is try not to get gas or carb cleaner on any of the rubber gaskets.

arayray

Established Member
If you decide to delete them, do not have BAMA tune it. Everyone says not to and they are right. It is horrible, if you can just get a local tuner to do it.

bumsoil

Established Member
issue is local tuners want a lot of money for a tune. im going to call around and ask some more though.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
I have spent too much money and time trying to get the IMRC's to work right and not leak. but I give up.

bama will tune for imrc's and im about to make deletes. any advice for me?
ill be using aluminum plates BTW.

Hey OP-The team at Bama Performance is more than happy to work with you on this! I was going to say if you were closer we could have you come in and dyno tune the car right here! Shoot them a call directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you some help!

Tickle

Established Member
Get your tune from LaSota racing. I deleted mine and got my tune from Don. Super helpful, and it runs great.

bumsoil

Established Member
will this mess up how mu car runs? the whole goal here is to fix my car running like crap so I want to do it right.

ill definitely call bama and don and talk to them. if the car can work out the extra airflow I will start on this tonight.

Tickle

Established Member
If you get the mmr deletes and your tune from LaSota, you will get results. Keep in mind that a tune won't fix a mechanical problem, it's gotta be in good working order aside from IMRCs. In the case of deletes, mine were stuck closed. So deletes plus a tune improved things for me.

What gears do you have? I've heard that stock gear ratios can suffer some at the low end when IMRCS are deleted. They are there to reduce airflow and improve torque below 3250rpms. I have 4:10s so I didn't notice.

bumsoil

Established Member
I have 4.10s as well. how does lasota send me the tune? if I had a SCT chip could he load on that? or do I need a handheld?

Tickle

Established Member
I have a handheld and he emailed me the tune. Do you have a chip or a handheld tuner? If you need a good deal on a used tuner, look up the svtp user Frianchi. He sold me an unlocked tuner for a good price

Users who are viewing this thread