"Decode" tune

Meerology

Established Member
I recently purchased an 04 Terminator and want to know if its possible to open and check the tune. To know what mods the tune is for and if the tune needs any adjusting or not.

I was told its a Sniper tune and when I saved the file with the SCT X4 it has the extension .bef

MalcolmV8

Established Member
It is possible to read in an existing tune and go over it but not to the average user. You'd need to find a tuner with the right hardware and software to do it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
are you just wanting to make sure the tune is safe? If so is there nowhere that can put it on a dyno with a wideband? They can use the X4 to datalog and make sure it doesnt have some crazy amount of timing in it. If you posted the log file I think there are people here that would look it over for you

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I dont mind someone in the States if I can contact him by email and send him the tune file.

It may be possible but I only know how to do it with the car in person. Not remotely.

are you just wanting to make sure the tune is safe? If so is there nowhere that can put it on a dyno with a wideband? They can use the X4 to datalog and make sure it doesnt have some crazy amount of timing in it. If you posted the log file I think there are people here that would look it over for you

This would be a much better option for you.

Meerology

Established Member

Ill post the log file in 3 weeks since Im traveling. Which parameters should get datalogged?

Users who are viewing this thread