Decisions still

DrZacharyus

Banned
Still looking at cars, between the Mach 1 and the Terminator. I can get a 2004 DSG 1 owner Mach with 27k miles for $16,500 or a 2003 Cobra with Intake and Cat-Back with 65k miles for $17,500. I want the Cobra, hands down. The only thing that would perturb me the is mileage. The Cobra is clean outside and inside. I was just looking for some other owners opinions. Another thing is both the cars are local.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Im partial to the Mach's just because everyone seems to be on the "Terminator" bandwagon these days. I would go with the Mach, low mileage, probably not nearly as abused as the Cobra.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
well, unless you havent told us your other concerns, then this sounds like an easy choice. There is a 1k difference in price and you have the cheaper stang with 38k less miles. So mach1 all the way.

But if you are craving the supercharged stang, just throw the extra 1k down and get your faster ride.

If it was me and those were my ONLY two choices, Id get the mach1. good luck.

DrZacharyus

Banned
Im partial to the Mach's just because everyone seems to be on the "Terminator" bandwagon these days. I would go with the Mach, low mileage, probably not nearly as abused as the Cobra.

Yeah, the cobra is clean and adult owned (judging by some of the older crowd on this board it doesn't delegate how it was driven). I just want 400ish whp which is easy on the Cobra and requires about 4k in the Mach 1.
well, unless you havent told us your other concerns, then this sounds like an easy choice. There is a 1k difference in price and you have the cheaper stang with 38k less miles. So mach1 all the way.

But if you are craving the supercharged stang, just throw the extra 1k down and get your faster ride.

If it was me and those were my ONLY two choices, Id get the mach1. good luck.

Other concerns are not much, I just want a clean car that has been taken care of. The Mach 1 is really clean and doesn't even have tint. I will mod either car so it doesn't matter, just factoring mod money down the road the Cobra seems better. There is also a Vortech Mach with 35k miles with 440whp for $16,500...out of state though!

Last edited:

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
Are the miles really a concern? Or just how it was driven/how much it has been beaten on?

DrZacharyus

Banned
Are the miles really a concern? Or just how it was driven/how much it has been beaten on?

I have only owned new off-the-lot vehicles, so I don't know what to expect with 40k+ miles. I would take a 40k car that has been babied over a 15k mile car that has been annihilated.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
There really is no full proof way of finding out what a car's true history was. # of owners, condition, and mileage are all you can really guess with. And here's a depressing thought. What mustang do you think has ever not been "beat on"? My guess is few to none.

Other concerns are not much, I just want a clean car that has been taken care of. The Mach 1 is really clean and doesn't even have tint. I will mod either car so it doesn't matter, just factoring mod money down the road the Cobra seems better. There is also a Vortech Mach with 35k miles with 440whp for $16,500...out of state though!.
Ah HA. now he shows all his cards. Sounds to me like you want to go the fastest possible for your buck.
When buying a car, I say live with no regrets. Either go big or go home. Id say let a final test drive of each to settle this fair, but it sounds to me like you really rather have the cobra, and you are just looking to have somebody talk you out of it due to mileage concerns. Hey dont forget about the 6spd. I am a new 6spd driver and I am a full supporter of highway gears.

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
I have only owned new off-the-lot vehicles, so I don't know what to expect with 40k+ miles. I would take a 40k car that has been babied over a 15k mile car that has been annihilated.

I'd definitely check out the Cobra. If that is what you really want and you buy the Mach you may end up wondering. Thinking maybe you should have went with the Cobra.

Not that a 65K Cobra is the perfect vehicle, but I would not "settle" for a Mach if you want/can afford a Cobra.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Terminator! Y pass on a supercharged beast...I would shop around as the prices for Terminators are fallin'...

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Check out the Cobra real good,if that`s what you really want.You don`t want to be disappointed in the long run.There is abunch of guys on here w/high mileage Cobras that have been pounded,and seem to be holding up well.This one only has intake and exhaust too!

DrZacharyus

Banned
I do have two months before I HAVE to purchase a car. I do not want to spend more than $18,500 on a car though. Most Terminators are just out of reach with that figure. I have always loved Terminators, I don't want to "settle" for something.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
I do have two months before I HAVE to purchase a car. I do not want to spend more than $18,500 on a car though. Most Terminators are just out of reach with that figure. I have always loved Terminators, I don't want to "settle" for something.

I dont think you will have to settle for anything less than an 03-04 cobra. I dont live in FL, but last time I checked, wasn't FL basically the Sport car state of the east coast? With the economy sending everybody in a twirl, there has got to be some cobra being practically given away all over. Id check every where even some odd ball websites for advertisements.

My usual order for used car searches goes something like:
autotrader.com
ebaymotors.com
craigslist aka crookslist be careful.
cars.com
vehix.com

whats the zip code, Ill see if i can find you some better deals.

DrZacharyus

Banned
Well then i think you just answered your own question. keep looking for a Cobra that you will be comfortable with. you still have lots of time.

That Mach sounds like a pretty good deal though.

The Vortech Mach? Yeah it's in awesome condition from what I have seen and made 478 on low boost but they took timing out to make it safer.

I dont think you will have to settle for anything less than an 03-04 cobra. I dont live in FL, but last time I checked, wasn't FL basically the Sport car state of the east coast? With the economy sending everybody in a twirl, there has got to be some cobra being practically given away all over. Id check every where even some odd ball websites for advertisements.

My usual order for used car searches goes something like:
autotrader.com
ebaymotors.com
craigslist aka crookslist be careful.
cars.com
vehix.com

whats the zip code, Ill see if i can find you some better deals.

Yeah, there are surprisingly not a lot of Cobras for sale around here. My zip code is 32771. I have used autotrader and cars.com to find some of these deals. I also look in the marketplace. I am not afraid to ship either.

RedDemon91

Established Member
^ If you don't go with the Mach could you let me know? I'm in the market also but can't afford a terminator at the moment. I'm in altamonte btw.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know about you, but if it were me - if I justified the Mach to myself because of the miles & price, I would be kicking myself everyday I got in the car for not getting what I really wanted in the first place. Go with the Cobra, you will not be dissapointed, I can promise you that.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
I'd get the Cobra for only $1,000 bucks more. I wouldn't let the miles scare you away. There are a number of modded Cobra's on this board with more miles and a stock block. And I gaurantee every one of them has been driven hard at some point in time. That goes for the Mach's as well. Cobra is way cheaper to make over 400hp to the tires.

Users who are viewing this thread