ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
An example of how they would do a foundation here
IMG_0656.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Coiled03

Established Member
Don't know how I missed this thread. Congrats, Kendall!

Don't let the process stress you out. There are roughly 8 bajillion decisions to be made, each of which can be stressful if you allow it. Try to have fun with it, instead.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

Don't let the process stress you out. There are roughly 8 bajillion decisions to be made, each of which can be stressful if you allow it. Try to have fun with it, instead.
As far as I can tell all the deceisions are done. Unless *knocks on wood* something crazy happens. We’ve already picked out all the paint, flooring, cabinets, etc.

This won’t make a lot of sense, but here are those decisions
IMG_0421.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Stanger00

Established Member
Bathroom, kitchen and laundry room?

I have the same 12" tile in the bathrooms and laundry rooms in my place that was just built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Bathroom, kitchen and laundry room?

I have the same 12" tile in the bathrooms and laundry rooms in my place that was just built.

So the second floor has all the spare bedrooms and a bathroom. All of that will be the carpet, the bathroom will be the 12x12 tile and dark cabinets above the the tile. Everything else is located on the first floor. The only carpeted areas there are the master (and WIC) and study. Other than that it is all the wood looking tile located on the left of the pic. In the kitchen will be the white cabinets with the backsplash being tile with the hard to see rectangular dark tile except for the area above the cooktop which will be the tile with the designs. The island will be the gray cabinet and the granite sample is sitting on it. Laundry room gets the dark cabinets while the powder room gets the gray. The master bath has the wood looking tile flooring, gray cabinets, granite counter, and the shower will be tiled in the large tile (center of pic) with the accent glass at approx 5 ft above the floor.

I think that will make it make more sense despite you all not knowing the floor plan.

Stanger00

Established Member
Wow, good amount of finishes you picked out and having done. Ours was a fraction of that, lol. Good work
8aacdb93ceec48983986607965b35533.jpg

1sweetazz5.0

Established Member
Don't be "house poor". 15 yr loan max. 25% monthly bring home.... You could be a millionaire for all I know...

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

nickf2005

Established Member

From the looks of a few posts, looks like a Spec type home where you get to cater to your likes with the furnishings, colors, flooring, etc. There's part of me that wishes that's what we had done.

Nope. Custom plans, custom builder, 80 bajillion decisions along the way. What way do you want the door to swing? How do you want the stairs to end? Where do you want the outlets (never enough of them!)? What should this switch do? There's an odd angle here, we have to move the wall by an inch, is that ok?

I really was not prepared with the amount of questions we were going to get. A lot of them I just deferred back to the builder and ask, "What would you do if it was your house? I have no preference nor history of know what the difference would be. Make your best judgement."

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
Congrats on the new build
I just sold my house and have begun to build a 3400 sq ft house with a 3 car garage.
The house we sold had a basement that we never used so I am skipping the basement on this one and will save 40-50k.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder how much dirt they are going to place in the backyard as there will be a 3’x4’ pad poured for a door coming out of the 3rd bay. If you look at the back side where the third bay, it’s about 5’ vertical from ground to the top of the slab.

nickf2005

Established Member
I wonder how much dirt they are going to place in the backyard as there will be a 3’x4’ pad poured for a door coming out of the 3rd bay. If you look at the back side where the third bay, it’s about 5’ vertical from ground to the top of the slab.

We had 33 triaxle loads plus 8 wagons at 30 tons each worth of dirt brought in to grade it all in. If we flood, Noah himself will be floating by.

cali_kr

King of the Road
Established Member
Cool stuff, I'll be following along as well. Enjoy this sort of thing.

Hope to build our next (and last) home. Just need to decide where that retirement home will be located

Coiled03

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread