Decent Price/Deal? 2015 GT Premium

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
Waiting unfortunately isn't much of an option as I want to take advantage of the 0% financing currently going on, plus I have got to get a new car. My daily is slowly falling apart and I would like to sell it while its still worth something.

I was approved this morning, and will test drive Saturday. I've already driven one, but that was a performance pack car. I'm going to try and knock off another $1,000 and walk out to see what happens, but the price is already a good deal according to truecar/Edmunds.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Waiting unfortunately isn't much of an option as I want to take advantage of the 0% financing currently going on, plus I have got to get a new car. My daily is slowly falling apart and I would like to sell it while its still worth something.

I was approved this morning, and will test drive Saturday. I've already driven one, but that was a performance pack car. I'm going to try and knock off another $1,000 and walk out to see what happens, but the price is already a good deal according to truecar/Edmunds.

It is. Go enjoy the car!

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
Enjoy your new car! :thumbsup:

Thanks man

Just make sure YOU'RE happy. Just because I say something can be done doesn't mean it has to be done for you to be happy. Best of luck with your car.

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
Just make sure YOU'RE happy. Just because I say something can be done doesn't mean it has to be done for you to be happy. Best of luck with your car.

Thanks man, I am looking forward to it. A lot of people look at me oddly because I will be daily driving this car, but with the technology and comfort of it, I don't see why not. Gets decent gas mileage, and it'll be fun everday. Winter will be a little interesting, but I have the select driving modes and IL winters are a hit and miss..Plus we have our 2013 Taurus as a backup.

Branhammer

Established Member
I think a lot of you guys are severely over-estimating what holdback is on a new mustang.

13COBRA, holdback is probably, what? Like $900-$1,000? So if you're offering invoice minus $1,000, you're basically asking them to sell you the car at cost. Because why? Because you're so special you deserve that over every other customer? I used to love that attitude from car buyers when I sold cars.

"They can rip others off, but not me." Even though most people seem to have the idea that if the dealer is making one DOLLAR of profit, they are ripping you off. LMAO.

I am so glad I don't work in the industry anymore because some customers are just as bad as salesman are claimed to be. I can tell you this, out of the 20 salesmen at the dealer I worked for, 3 of them made over $50k a year and only 1 of them made $100k or more. The other 17 struggled to make $35k. And we ALL put in 60 hours a week. For those lower-income salesmen, that's about $11.22 an hour with no paid holidays and no benefits. I think most shoppers are extremely ignorant about how much profit dealers make. And like 13COBRA said, they make most of the profit on used cars. Not new.

Selling cars made me bitter haha. So I'm very opinionated on the subject. It's good that I got back to a full-time military job because I have no desire to deal with the public ever again, especially in a sales industry dealing with entitled customers who think that they deserve a no-profit deal on their new car and $2000 above book value for their trade. I was very nice and respectful to customers when I worked in the industry, but now I don't have to be :D

I think that cars should be sold on set pricing, where a dealer gets a reasonable percentage of the cars invoice in profit (say... 6%-7%?) No more, no less. And if customers don't like it, they can keep driving their old car or buy a cheaper one.

That being said. I bought my GT at invoice, which was their offer from the start, and was totally fine with the small profit the dealer made. I didn't try to squeeze every penny out of them. It was a fair deal on both sides, there were no disagreements, it went extremely smoothly, and I know that in the future they will be happy to work with me again and will likely give me an equally good deal right from the start.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
No one made them guys work for $35k a year and stay in that job, if u wanna make it in America u better hustle and get it. I know lots of lazy people who make no money and complain about it all day every day but that's on them not me or us of u.

It's the customers money, so yeah he/she is entitled to spend it the way they want to.

I deal with " oil & gas customers" all the time, guess what it's my job to make them happy because they are the ones paying me and if I don't like it and can't make them happy they will go somewhere else period.

Branhammer

Established Member
No one made them guys work for $35k a year and stay in that job, if u wanna make it in America u better hustle and get it. I know lots of lazy people who make no money and complain about it all day every day but that's on them not me or us of u.

It's the customers money, so yeah he/she is entitled to spend it the way they want to.

I deal with " oil & gas customers" all the time, guess what it's my job to make them happy because they are the ones paying me and if I don't like it and can't make them happy they will go somewhere else period.

I know a lot of lazy people too. Some of them did sell cars there with me. I was not one of them. I did sell 8-10 cars per month, but when every customer basically demands a no-profit deal, those $150 mini-commissions don't even add up to minimum wage. And I was overly good to my customers. Whenever I sold a car, if I had time, I detailed it for them (the lot techs never did a very good job) and had it on the showroom floor when they were ready to take delivery. All that effort didn't help my wallet much though.

Also, how much room do your customers have to negotiate? I have a hard time believing they have as much negotiation power as car shoppers have.

Every customer seems to have a mentality that they are more special than every other customer, and while they said they understand that businesses are entitled to a profit, they still seem to believe they should be the exception. When every customer thinks this way, it's hard to make money. Even the guy who made $100k per year only did so by selling 25-30 cars per month. He LIVED at the dealership. That's why I got out. I'm willing to work hard, but not give up my entire life. So you're right, no one made me do it. I just think that people have a lot of misconceptions about how dealerships work and the kind of money salesmen make.

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
Salty ex-salesmen or current salesmen in here jeez. I took 3k less than book value to be fair and make the numbers work for us both.

Branhammer

Established Member
Salty ex-salesmen or current salesmen in here jeez. I took 3k less than book value to be fair and make the numbers work for us both.

Haha to be fair, yes, I was salty about that industry. So I know I have a biased opinion. But it doesn't change the fact that I am right about the MAJORITY of shoppers being very entitled.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think a lot of you guys are severely over-estimating what holdback is on a new mustang.

13COBRA, holdback is probably, what? Like $900-$1,000? So if you're offering invoice minus $1,000, you're basically asking them to sell you the car at cost. Because why? Because you're so special you deserve that over every other customer? I used to love that attitude from car buyers when I sold cars.

"They can rip others off, but not me." Even though most people seem to have the idea that if the dealer is making one DOLLAR of profit, they are ripping you off. LMAO.

I am so glad I don't work in the industry anymore because some customers are just as bad as salesman are claimed to be. I can tell you this, out of the 20 salesmen at the dealer I worked for, 3 of them made over $50k a year and only 1 of them made $100k or more. The other 17 struggled to make $35k. And we ALL put in 60 hours a week. For those lower-income salesmen, that's about $11.22 an hour with no paid holidays and no benefits. I think most shoppers are extremely ignorant about how much profit dealers make. And like 13COBRA said, they make most of the profit on used cars. Not new.

Selling cars made me bitter haha. So I'm very opinionated on the subject. It's good that I got back to a full-time military job because I have no desire to deal with the public ever again, especially in a sales industry dealing with entitled customers who think that they deserve a no-profit deal on their new car and $2000 above book value for their trade. I was very nice and respectful to customers when I worked in the industry, but now I don't have to be :D

I think that cars should be sold on set pricing, where a dealer gets a reasonable percentage of the cars invoice in profit (say... 6%-7%?) No more, no less. And if customers don't like it, they can keep driving their old car or buy a cheaper one.

That being said. I bought my GT at invoice, which was their offer from the start, and was totally fine with the small profit the dealer made. I didn't try to squeeze every penny out of them. It was a fair deal on both sides, there were no disagreements, it went extremely smoothly, and I know that in the future they will be happy to work with me again and will likely give me an equally good deal right from the start.

Spot on with the holdback.

I know a ton of guys that have VERY profitable dealerships that HOPE to breakeven in their new car department every month.

Users who are viewing this thread