Decent Price/Deal? 2015 GT Premium

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
Hey Guys,

About to pull the trigger on a 2015 GT with the current 0% financing going on. I was able to talk them down considerably from their original price, better than X plan pricing if my math was right. How does this sound 'out the door'? It is a Oxford White 2015 GT Premium, 400A.

$35,803. (Before taxes/title, etc.)

I'm really wanting to hop on something while this financing is available, but also of course don't want to overpay..

Thanks guys.
TB

Rob_Stylez

Established Member
Is that Performance Package & Recaros?

Im in the same boat, Im looking at Exactly what you mentioned but Recaros, Nav, & PP, dealer is asking 38,409 + tt&l (thats with Ford Credit $1k rebate)

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
No, this is just the 400A Premium. I didnt' want the Recaros as the regular leather seats are much more comfortable. Just leather interior, heated/cooled seats, etc.

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
aim for invoice - $1000 and then $1000 for rebate. Get the invoice from edmunds and bring it in and say we start here.

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
aim for invoice - $1000 and then $1000 for rebate. Get the invoice from edmunds and bring it in and say we start here.

Just did that with Edmunds pricing and I'm right at the same area, give or take a couple hundred dollars. If I am approved this morning I'll test drive Saturday, and may leave if they wont take it down to 35k flat to see if they try to deal. Who knows they may let me walk :)

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
TBuck, you have the power here. They need to sell that car, not that you need to buy it. I would be firm, don't drive the car UNTIL they agree to start at INVOICE - $1,000. They know when you drive the car you're hooked and you will be weak as a consumer after you get a taste of it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
TBuck, you have the power here. They need to sell that car, not that you need to buy it. I would be firm, don't drive the car UNTIL they agree to start at INVOICE - $1,000. They know when you drive the car you're hooked and you will be weak as a consumer after you get a taste of it.

I wouldn't sell it to you for $1,000 under invoice. I don't need to sell one bad enough to lose money on one.

And before you tell me that's what holdback is for....think about this. After figuring whatever my floorplan expense for the car is, advertising expense, salesman commission, etc...how much holdback is left, if any? Why would anyone sell something to go in the red when they can easily sell it and make a few bucks?

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
Because in sales, sometimes you make $100 off someone and sometimes you make $1,000. I am not going to be that $1,000 number. OP you can go under invoice if the dealer wants to move the car, if you go to a big enough dealer that moves volume you can easily make it happen. Remember this car payment is yours, not theirs.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Hey Guys,

About to pull the trigger on a 2015 GT with the current 0% financing going on. I was able to talk them down considerably from their original price, better than X plan pricing if my math was right. How does this sound 'out the door'? It is a Oxford White 2015 GT Premium, 400A.

$35,803. (Before taxes/title, etc.)

I'm really wanting to hop on something while this financing is available, but also of course don't want to overpay..

Thanks guys.
TB

Keep waiting, soon dealers are gonna be having to discount them more and more if they wanna move bulk. Just a matter of time before u get $6-8k off again, remember they are mustangs not Ferraris. It's in ur best intrest to buy the car as cheap as ur can get it, u owe a dealer nothing if they don't wanna sell at ur comfy asking price leave and don't feel bad.

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
Exactly Dizzy, they make plenty of money off people who do not negotiate and pay MSRP. That's fine and dandy but you can get them under invoice.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
My autonation has me 1000 under invoice
I wouldn't sell it to you for $1,000 under invoice. I don't need to sell one bad enough to lose money on one.

And before you tell me that's what holdback is for....think about this. After figuring whatever my floorplan expense for the car is, advertising expense, salesman commission, etc...how much holdback is left, if any? Why would anyone sell something to go in the red when they can easily sell it and make a few bucks?

Well it seems there are multiple dealers willing to do so. Internet pricing on my 15 I pick up on the 30th is 32,431 before rebates. By my math that's 800 under invoice without any negotiation. Since holdback is about 1080 on that one, seems like a minimal profit margin so they gotta be making money somewhere else.http://showroom.auction123.com/champion_ford_katy/inventory/4139/2015/Ford/Mustang/1FA6P8CF7F5424989.html

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Because in sales, sometimes you make $100 off someone and sometimes you make $1,000. I am not going to be that $1,000 number. OP you can go under invoice if the dealer wants to move the car, if you go to a big enough dealer that moves volume you can easily make it happen. Remember this car payment is yours, not theirs.

I love when people start talking about volume dealers moving cars at nothing just to move them.... do you think the unit counts pays to keep the lights on?

Keep waiting, soon dealers are gonna be having to discount them more and more if they wanna move bulk. Just a matter of time before u get $6-8k off again, remember they are mustangs not Ferraris. It's in ur best intrest to buy the car as cheap as ur can get it, u owe a dealer nothing if they don't wanna sell at ur comfy asking price leave and don't feel bad.

Keep waiting until the 2016's come out then there will be bigger rebates on the 2015's, just like there were on the 2014's.

My autonation has me 1000 under invoice

Well it seems there are multiple dealers willing to do so. Internet pricing on my 15 I pick up on the 30th is 32,431 before rebates. By my math that's 800 under invoice without any negotiation. Since holdback is about 1080 on that one, seems like a minimal profit margin so they gotta be making money somewhere else.http://showroom.auction123.com/champion_ford_katy/inventory/4139/2015/Ford/Mustang/1FA6P8CF7F5424989.html

A lot of stores advertising LOW prices online are before delivery fees and any kind of document fee.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
All I know is dealers make money, one way or another they making money, I never seen a dealer in or near Lafayette close the doors. I see plenty of other business or varying nature close due to lack of income but all I see is the same people with this dealer or that dealer building more and more car dealerships all over the place. Gotta be a profitable business to keep wanting to invest back into them.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
All I know is dealers make money, one way or another they making money, I never seen a dealer in or near Lafayette close the doors. I see plenty of other business or varying nature close due to lack of income but all I see is the same people with this dealer or that dealer building more and more car dealerships all over the place. Gotta be a profitable business to keep wanting to invest back into them.

If you think new car sales is profitable you're out of your mind.

Dealerships make their money on service work and preowned vehicles.

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
^ why are you getting so defensive? Is his deal going to hurt you? Jeez man you're coming off like a dick.

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
I had a dealer say I refuse to sell you the car under invoice, I said fine have a great day and good luck. I have a voicemail asking me to call back and a voicemail saying he can do the below invoice if I buy today (this morning called at 9am and 915am). I got the car last night below invoice, do your thing OP don't let this guy deter you. Under invoice is doable and common. They have holdback on the car 3% of MSRP to help with fleet sales. There are other ways to have them make money too without you knowing it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a dealer say I refuse to sell you the car under invoice, I said fine have a great day and good luck. I have a voicemail asking me to call back and a voicemail saying he can do the below invoice if I buy today (this morning called at 9am and 915am). I got the car last night below invoice, do your thing OP don't let this guy deter you. Under invoice is doable and common. They have holdback on the car 3% of MSRP to help with fleet sales. There are other ways to have them make money too without you knowing it.

Enjoy your new car! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread