Debating With My Friend...Track Times ???

tohighpsi

Established Member
Ok so me and a friend are having a friendly debate about what my car is capable of running. He is more of an old school guy and has had a few 9 sec cars. Always sb chevy. I guess he is just having a hard time grasping that I have a car I could drive everyday if I wanted to, pump the ac listen to music and still get 20mpg but make over 600hp. He says our cars never run the numbers they should. So we have a little debate going. That unfortunately Im not going to be able to settle till next season. There is a few more things I want to do to the car. Assuming I can hook good and drive good what kind of times do you think the car is capable of on the pump and race tune. My friend is saying the car wont go in the tens on pump and I will be lucky to get in the tens on my race tune. I will be pissed if I cant get the car in the tens on pump and closer to 10.50 on the race tune. I have been racing a long time and know its going to take some pratice with the irs and six speed but dont think it should be a problem with some practice. Im going to get a nice set of big and littles this winter for the track and install a wot box too. Below is a mod list and hp number from the ad I bought the car from. Thanks for any input guys

Engine / Driveline

Built Pro Line Racing short block (~4,000 miles on new short block)
- ARP 2000 rod bolt upgrade
- CP pistons
- ARP main studs
- Billet oil pump gears
- ARP head studs

- Spec clutch
- 26 spline input shaft
- Short throw shifter

Power Adder / Fuel System

- Kenne Bell 2.6H supercharger (includes 2 pulleys, 2 belts)
- Kenne Bell throttle body
- MPH custom billet blower inlet
- SCT maf
- MPH cold air intake
- Intercooler reservoir upgrade
- BBK long tube headers
- BBK off-road x-pipe
- Bassani stainless cat-back exhaust
- 60lb/hr injectors
- Twin focus pumps
- Upgraded FPDM
- Fuel pump wiring upgrade
- Kenne Bell boost-a-pump

Suspension / Appearance

- PA Racing tubular k-member
- PA Racing tubular control arms
- UPR coil overs
- BBK caster/camber plates
- Subframe connectors (mount through seat brackets)
- Black FR500 Wheels (18x9, 18x10)
- Mickey Thompson drag radials 305/40/18
- Smoked head lights
- Smoked fog lights
- HID head lights
- Auto Meter boost gauge
- Auto Meter intercooler water temperature gauge
- Raptor shift light

The car made 608rwhp/570rwtq on pump gas and 665rwhp/620rwtq on race gas

metaman

Established Member
If you have seat time at the track, then you should be able to do it with a set up like that. However, he is still going to poke you with a stick until you back it up no matter what any one says.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You should be able to break into the 10s with those mods and pump gas if you have track experience. My old '03 Cobra ran 11.3 @ 123 with just a ported blower and 2.80 upper (504rwhp) on pump gas. Shame you won't be able to hit him back with a stick before next year. I predict you'll be into the 10s and he'll be eating crow, again assuming you have track experience.

tohighpsi

Established Member
Yeah I had a 10sec nitrous camaro that I really wanted to get in the 9s with but kept getting booted before I could up the spray. It was an auto car but still took some skill keeping from blowing the tires off. I can row through the gears pretty good on the six speed. Hopefully off the 2step and some slicks the car will hook.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I went 10.98 @ 127 with a 1.65 60' with 570 RWHP, ET streets, full weight, stock suspension, 6spd and pump gas. You friend has little faith!

You should go tens easy with over 600 on pump gas. Show him this video....
[youtube_browser]_-DYIsBcII8[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

tohighpsi

Established Member
I went 10.98 @ 127 with a 1.65 60' with 570 RWHP, ET streets, full weight, stock suspension, 6spd and pump gas. You friend has little faith!

You should go tens easy with over 600 on pump gas. Show him this video

Sweet Run dude! Im debating on going with a et street or quick time pro over a full slick. It will be a track set up but still me see some street time for some runs on the street.

Mid 10's on pump gas, low 10's on race gas.

i would be real happy with that. Because with a small shot that means 9s could be in my future.

cobracide

Established Member
Why are you rebuilding the engine, did you smoke it? Just wondering.

- CP pistons
- ARP main studs
- Billet oil pump gears
- ARP head studs

tohighpsi

Established Member
Why are you rebuilding the engine, did you smoke it? Just wondering.

- CP pistons
- ARP main studs
- Billet oil pump gears
- ARP head studs

Bought the car with the built engine. But yeah think the intercooler pump went up and burnt up a piston

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member

Whats funny? I went 10.75 on pump gas leaving easy and shifting like an old man, full weight except for wheels and tubular K. Hes making more power, if he can drive and isnt afraid of breaking it those times shouldnt be a problem.

Ralo

Established Member

You should go tens easy with over 600 on pump gas. Show him this video....
[youtube_browser]_-DYIsBcII8[/youtube_browser]

What size ETs?

tohighpsi

Established Member
I would like to get a 28in tall tire just to take extra stress off the irs. Anybody know if they will fit on a lowered car? If not I think hoosier makes a 27 but not even sure that would fit

Users who are viewing this thread