Debating on selling the Cobra… inputs on value pls.

gybo102

Established Member
So we have our 2003 with 11.3k miles. We have been debating on letting it go. Trying to get an idea what it’s worth. The car is probably 98% what you would expect of a 11k mile car. There is one (very tiny) ding on the driver door that can’t even be pictured, and an larger ding (size of a quarter at max) on the rear passenger quarter panel that I would thing can be accessed from the truck to bang out (going to get a quote Wednesday on it) Otherwise, it’s just about perfect.

Some info:
Never been in an accident
Never driven in the snow
Always garaged overnight

Mods:
JLT intake
Suspension springs
Full exhaust (header back)
Short shifter
Upgraded rear subframe bushings
Supercharger pulley swapped
SCT tune, handheld device included with the car.
Brand new Toyo R888R tires in OE sizes (less then 100 miles)
Fresh window tint (applied about 2 years ago)

I have seen one sell on Bring a Trailer with 13k miles for $33k, but it was decently modded with upgraded supercharger, injectors, etc. not sure if the mods helped the value or hurt the value.

Before seeing that I was thinking ours would be worth 35k…. But now not sure.

What do you think?
Was thinking of listing on BaT, but not sure if it’s worth the time to list on there than using the forum / FB to sell.

I was trying to upload photos, but it will not allow the size, and I’m on my phone at work.
Color is mineral grey, it’s a coupe with factory non-polished wheels.

Thank you!

HPLouis

Established Member
My only advice is...if you plan on someday buying another 03/04 Cobra, keep it. The used market is insane and to get another one is going to cost an arm and a leg...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
This is the truth right here. I have someone making an insane offer on my 2004 and I want to sell it so bad but this is my third one. Every time I sold one, I missed it and got another one a few months later. I know if I sell this one, I'll want another one and it'll be hard to find one in good condition...especially at a good price now. Cars with 50K miles are selling for what I paid for my 9K mile Mystichrome.

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
It's a mid 30s car if really clean but think about your reason for sale. That's what's bringing all these low mile stockish cars out of the wood work $$$$$. If I was a potential seller now would be the time.

gybo102

Established Member
My only advice is...if you plan on someday buying another 03/04 Cobra, keep it. The used market is insane and to get another one is going to cost an arm and a leg...

I understand what you mean, it has been a weekend cruiser / car show toy. Nothing more. we have had our time with it and are ready to move on now. The desire to drive the car has been less and less over time.

gybo102

Established Member
It's a mid 30s car if really clean but think about your reason for sale. That's what's bringing all these low mile stockish cars out of the wood work $$$$$. If I was a potential seller now would be the time.

Yea, feel like now would be the best time.

gybo102

Established Member
How many owners?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
On paper, we are the 2nd owner... first owner was a older lady that we think "bought the wrong car" and traded it in right away. I was working at the dealership at the time and put it away in the back as soon as it came in on trade and scooped it up. she did not have it very long.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I understand what you mean, it has been a weekend cruiser / car show toy. Nothing more. we have had our time with it and are ready to move on now. The desire to drive the car has been less and less over time.
I completely understand. Sometimes you've had your fill and it's time to sell. Especially if the desire to mess with it and drive it starts falling off...

It's a sellers market right now. Don't accept any lowball offers or people who want to quote KBB values like they are scripture. Different day and age. Cobras are worth bank now and creeping up to being as expensive as decent condition EVO 8/9. Especially if they are lower mileage and haven't been owned by an entire city block. I hope to see you get top dollar!

Good luck with the sale!

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I would personally list it for $36,000. And my bottom line would be not a penny less than $33,000. You have a rare color. Not highly sought after, but rare nonetheless. Very very low miles. And seem to have taken care of it. Dings and dents can be fixed most often. So I wouldn't let someone lowball me based upon a damn near 20 year old car having a blemish or two.

Good luck!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A near stock '03 Cobra with 11.3K miles in the condition you're describing with two (well, technically three) owners should get $33K-$37K IMO. Paint color is always subjective. As already mentioned, Mineral Gray is a low production number at 302. That was third lowest in 2003 for coupes.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
69971537.jpg

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Just don’t do it. Just don’t. The 03-04 Cobra is the best Mustang ever built. Minus the crappy interior, IRS that isn’t the best, a car built on a design dating back to 1979…

It’s still my favorite car of all time. I would regret selling mine. Good luck with the sale if you do sell it. I had mine out today and got a few compliments on her and she isn’t near as nice as you’re making your car out to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZiaRunner

Established Member
I’d say 30k-35k in today market. Sounds like a great car. Maybe 37k-40k if it was bone STOCK never pullied car. And over 45k if it was stock and a attention grabbing color like SY, CO, SB, MC.

Of course it takes the right buyer. The terminator is sought after but there are a lot of nice performance cars to choose at the point. Good luck!

Last edited:

gybo102

Established Member
I would personally list it for $36,000. And my bottom line would be not a penny less than $33,000. You have a rare color. Not highly sought after, but rare nonetheless. Very very low miles. And seem to have taken care of it. Dings and dents can be fixed most often. So I wouldn't let someone lowball me based upon a damn near 20 year old car having a blemish or two.

Good luck!

thanks!
thankfully they are not really bad... but they are all that is needed to make the car basically perfect. yea, I feel like I will shoot for above 33k.

gybo102

Established Member
A near stock '03 Cobra with 11.3K miles in the condition you're describing with two (well, technically three) owners should get $33K-$37K IMO. Paint color is always subjective. As already mentioned, Mineral Gray is a low production number at 302. That was third lowest in 2003 for coupes.
cool... Im in the ball park. when you say technically 3, you are referring to the next owner being 3... correct? Because we are 2nd owner.

Users who are viewing this thread