debating on my next car.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Well now that my GT500 is gone and I still own my terminator I'm looking for something kinda different for a daily driver. In the last 6 years I have owned 2 GT500s and a 04 cobra. Now as weird as it might sound to some people I really want a new RS, I love the way they look and sound and from everything I have read about them everyone loves the car. But I have also been considering a GT350, Now whatever I buy it will be my daily driver, So I want something fun, but nothing I'm going to get crazy with lol. Anyone here drive a GT350 or RS as a daily?

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Just started driving a RS for a daily this week. Really a lot of fun. Not the biggest car, but it will do great in he bad weather we get here in Cleveland during the winter.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I miss living in AZ and being able to daily a Z06. I think the RS would be a great pick, as would a Golf R or STi if you're thinking in that vein.

Are you wanting new only? Open to used cars? Is fuel mileage a concern?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
If you're talking between just those 2 cars, then the GT350 all day long.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I owned my cobra and my GT500 together for awhile. I also owned my GT500 for 3 years. I had a great time with it and now I want to dedicate more money to the terminator and make it nasty. The terminator truly is a badass car to drive IMO.

As for buying a new daily, I Just left a Ford dealer and they wanted 20k over sticker for a GT350. No way in hell am I paying that much over for a 350. The RS is more reasonable priced. I just really like the RS for some reason. I'm also thinking about buying a Lexus ISF or maybe a CTS-V. i just want to buy something I'm going to love to drive every day. I'm open to suggestions. no European cars. I can't stand them.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Do you have to sit in traffic very often in your daily commute? What about an ATS-V. I saw a few worked ones recently at a 1/2 mile event and they looked really good.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I would have said to buy the RS since, like my WRX, it makes a fun DD, but since you live in AZ, I would go for something a little more "fun." But regardless, the RS would still be comfortable, have more space, slightly better on fuel, and more "liveable" than a more sport-orientated RWD car.
Also, having a different style of car will help you appreciated each one more.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't sit in traffic ever, I have a 10 mile trip back and forth to work and I usually just drive the terminator on the weekends. If I can get a great deal on GT350 I'll buy it in a second, but they are seem to be ridiculous on price.

I want a 5th gen viper really bad, but I'm a little nervous about buying one because of the oil issues, and I would rather buy another GT500 than a Mark 4 supra lol.

Mika

Established Member
Go test drive a CTS-V. I have a 2nd gen and I love it as a daily. If you have the means for a 3rd gen by all means go for it. Very fun car, but heavy.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Go test drive a CTS-V. I have a 2nd gen and I love it as a daily. If you have the means for a 3rd gen by all means go for it. Very fun car, but heavy.
I have driven a couple CTS-Vs and they are badass. I'm going to check one out this weekend and see if its the one.

beeradd

Established Member
Have you looked at the 392 challengers with 8 speed auto?
Really nice car for a daily I would think..

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
GT-350! Call around? Have you tried pm'ing 13Cobra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
350's can be had for sticker, (R's not so much). Especially in areas where winter is upon us. Start w autotrader, and start calling. Shouldn't take long to find one.

Users who are viewing this thread