Deatschwerks 340 lph

gotjack

Established Member
Anyone upgraded there stock fuel pumps to deatschwerks 340 Lph? I bought the kit to install after winter I do have a Kenne bell bap which was installed with the 2.3 whipple but felt like my pumps are old so why not replace them as well

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

WidowrRacing

Established Member
Lethal Performance just recommended those pumps for me for a direct stock replacement.
I’m looking into this more before purchasing.
Tech support couldn’t tell me what stock was but I’ve since found on here stock is dual 119LPH pumps.

I‘m also thinking about swapping mine cause the stockers are 20yrs old and I’d like to make between 525-575RW.

gotjack

Established Member
Lethal Performance just recommended those pumps for me for a direct stock replacement.
I’m looking into this more before purchasing.
Tech support couldn’t tell me what stock was but I’ve since found on here stock is dual 119LPH pumps.

I‘m also thinking about swapping mine cause the stockers are 20yrs old and I’d like to make between 525-575RW.

I should be installing mine in march. If I do before you do I’ll let you know outcome

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
You have to adjust for the fuel pump voltage table in the tune for anything other than stock pumps. The GT Pumps are the best bet if replacing the stock ones and they need the voltage tables adjusted as well.

The thing is, replacing them is only half the problem. Now you have a greater voltage draw on the FPDM and to do it correctly, you need to add an additional FPDM for the extra voltage draw. (A La GT500 and Ford GT's Dual FPDM Setups)

At this point, you would be better going with a Budget style return fuel system with Walbro 342's or 450 pumps. They are universal and the billet hat has the bigger wiring and larger port for fuel flow. Also, if you go Fore, you eliminate the fuel hose in the fuel tank so it will never rupture!

01yellercobra

Established Member
Alright thanks.
I would think guys have done dual 255s pumps also before the 340s were so popular.
Walbro sold a ton of those pumps back in the day.
The 255's weren't returnless friendly. At least in the beginning. There was a lot of burned up pumps. They might have changed them eventually, but there are other options out there now.

Last edited:

gotjack

Established Member
You have to adjust for the fuel pump voltage table in the tune for anything other than stock pumps. The GT Pumps are the best bet if replacing the stock ones and they need the voltage tables adjusted as well.

The thing is, replacing them is only half the problem. Now you have a greater voltage draw on the FPDM and to do it correctly, you need to add an additional FPDM for the extra voltage draw. (A La GT500 and Ford GT's Dual FPDM Setups)

At this point, you would be better going with a Budget style return fuel system with Walbro 342's or 450 pumps. They are universal and the billet hat has the bigger wiring and larger port for fuel flow. Also, if you go Fore, you eliminate the fuel hose in the fuel tank so it will never rupture!

Sorry if I sound stupid: but if i installed a BAP during the whipple install I couldn’t now just replace my stock pumps with the 340s and just retune?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Sorry if I sound stupid: but if i installed a BAP during the whipple install I couldn’t now just replace my stock pumps with the 340s and just retune?

You can, but it's not optimal. In my experience, the DW pumps are hit/miss on voltage. They all draw extra so you can have the FPDM go into thermal shutdown from the extra load. If I were sticking with a returnless system, I would go GT pumps over the DW pumps all day long. Much better quality and the voltages are spot on. If I'm going through that much work, I want OEM reliability. There is a reason the GT500's and Ford GT went to dual FPDM's. Trust me, they didn't add them for "Fun" and to "Keep cost down".

gotjack

Established Member
You can, but it's not optimal. In my experience, the DW pumps are hit/miss on voltage. They all draw extra so you can have the FPDM go into thermal shutdown from the extra load. If I were sticking with a returnless system, I would go GT pumps over the DW pumps all day long. Much better quality and the voltages are spot on. If I'm going through that much work, I want OEM reliability. There is a reason the GT500's and Ford GT went to dual FPDM's. Trust me, they didn't add them for "Fun" and to "Keep cost down".

I’ve heard a lot about the gt pumps. Is it a direct drop in replacement? Specific part number for it ? Thanks. I might sell the car within the next year or two so just wanted to replace my stock pumps. Nothing wrong with them but the car is over 20 years old even though it has 12k miles

trueblue03gt

Established Member
I installed one on my GT for my blower setup. It was plug-and-play. It's a little louder than the stock setup, but not noticeable, especially with the blower on. I did get a tune after though, so I didn't worry about any of the voltage stuff.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I’ve heard a lot about the gt pumps. Is it a direct drop in replacement? Specific part number for it ? Thanks. I might sell the car within the next year or two so just wanted to replace my stock pumps. Nothing wrong with them but the car is over 20 years old even though it has 12k miles

It is not a direct drop in replacement. Part Number WAL-F10000302

Like I said, the extra voltage draw will need a modded FPDM or better yet, dual FPDM's to handle the extra load.

People "Have" used them in the stock hat as a replacement, but they are risking the car not running if the FPDM get's too hot and shuts down. I have seen this personally more than once.

You will also need the Fuel Pump Voltage Table in your tune adjusted for these as well.

Hope this helps.

gotjack

Established Member
It is not a direct drop in replacement. Part Number WAL-F10000302

Like I said, the extra voltage draw will need a modded FPDM or better yet, dual FPDM's to handle the extra load.

People "Have" used them in the stock hat as a replacement, but they are risking the car not running if the FPDM get's too hot and shuts down. I have seen this personally more than once.

You will also need the Fuel Pump Voltage Table in your tune adjusted for these as well.

Hope this helps.

From what I see and was told the DW 300 is a drop in replacement. Mine came with dual tanks for the 03-04 cobra. I’m sure my tuner will have to tune/etc maybe I’m wrong

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
They are not a true "Drop In". The only true drop in is a stock replacement.

The DW's will need Dual FPDM's, bigger wiring, and require a retune. But from my experience of tuning these cars for the last 20 years, they are hit/miss. The GT's are spot on.

I wouldn't use anything from DW personally. The quality from what I have seen over the years is subpar. Injectors included.

gotjack

Established Member
They are not a true "Drop In". The only true drop in is a stock replacement.

The DW's will need Dual FPDM's, bigger wiring, and require a retune. But from my experience of tuning these cars for the last 20 years, they are hit/miss. The GT's are spot on.

I wouldn't use anything from DW personally. The quality from what I have seen over the years is subpar. Injectors included.

Can I get a brand new stock drop in replacement for the 03 cobra? I’m sure ford doesn’t make anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread