Dealing with long term relationship

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I used to drive 2 hours to see my gf on the weekend. Did it for over a year. You can do it too if you really like her.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Two words...ROAD TRIP! Set it up with her to look for dates and take some friends. It could be a really good time. You get to see your girl and have a party at the same time. I miss college.

BTW if it's meant to be it will work out in the end. And there are a lot of other fish in the sea. Not that many girls [except at the beaches and on boats]...just fish. Ah young love. Did I cover them all? :beer:

nj7703

Established Member
I did a 3 hr away relationship for a year, 9 years later i am still here. If you work at it, and you 2 are happy, it will work out. Not always easy, but if she means that much, then work at it, enjoy the time you do get, and i am sure if you BOTH feel the same it will work out:beer:

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by 32ValveSymphony
Thanks...I sure hope you're right.

Well it for sure is not easy, and the time apart can be rough but, if you set a goal, a doable time frame to be together, like on breaks, and things like that, it makes the time apart easier. :)

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
I dated my wife for three years living 3 1/2 hours away, it sucks to not see her the other days but if she means that much to you it will be worth it.

Poseidon

You want some?
Established Member
I can attest to the fact that distance is very good for a relationship. It seems that even though you never see each other, and that things are falling apart, you in fact are actually growing closer to her in deeper way... I'll stop now before I get labled as the site Psych!!!!

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Dude you are in a better situation then i am. Ive been with my girl for over a year. From the get-go, it was a long distance relationship cuz she lives in TX and i in MO. We were together the whole summer, either she living with me, or i with her. Now we are 15 hours apart cuz im a freshman at CU-Boulder and she is at Southwest Missouri State. I have to pay about $400 for a plane ticket (well this one at least). What i hate the most is, she is very attractive and she drives an 03 cobra, which she has at school. Im worried some f*cker is going to try and hook up with her. I trust her, but not any guy with a mission to get laid. But anyways, im in the same boat as you. This is the girl i know i will marry, so its just hard sometimes. So in the meantime...bust out the liqour. Good luck bro.:beer:

Poseidon has a damn good point..you nailed it man!

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
You're not alone...

I've been seeing the same girl since high school and I'm a junior in college. Its about an hour and a half, if I drive like a mad man, and its been working since day one. It was really hard the first few weeks, but it gets better and is actually good for the both of you.

Good luck

SNK BITN

Established Member
Sounds like your too dependent on her and what she gives to you. That could be a good thing or a bad thing. Just makes sure it doesnt interfere with living your life normally.

Users who are viewing this thread