Dealerships Suck

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
when guys bitch about the car selling way over MSRP and in the next sentence state they are on 5 lists. WTF do you think dealers are going to do, you people are in a GD frenzy over the car.

Like i have said mulitiple times on this forum, the same 1,000 internet guys are calling 20 different dealerships and driving up the prices.

if I lived in the hottest neighborhood in Orlando and my house appraised for 500k but every swingin dick in the hood was getting 750 for their houses, I would be stupid to sell for 500k, wouldnt I?

Last edited:

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
rukrazy said:
Jackie u hit the nail dead square on the head.

Im in the car business, so it won't matter to most what I post here, logical thinking is lacking here about this subject. No one wants to be accountable for what is going on.

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
no. you missed the point. the dealerships are in business to make sure they make as little as possible on every single car they sell. that is why they suck when they mark up cars, or worse yet, expect someone to pay MSRP. they are evil liars. i mean, when i go to walmart, i always ask to see their invoice on the toothpaste i'm buying, and then i offer $0.50 less. if they don't like it, i walk.

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
jazzkiller34 said:
no. you missed the point. the dealerships are in business to make sure they make as little as possible on every single car they sell. that is why they suck when they mark up cars, or worse yet, expect someone to pay MSRP. they are evil liars. i mean, when i go to walmart, i always ask to see their invoice on the toothpaste i'm buying, and then i offer $0.50 less. if they don't like it, i walk.

bahahahaha and he rears his ugly head. this is totally off topic, but arent you suppose to have left this website since UT>USC? :lol:

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
WhiteTxMach said:
bahahahaha and he rears his ugly head. this is totally off topic, but arent you suppose to have left this website since UT>USC? :lol:

only because my vp told me that i was getting a shelby did i come back to this site to get more info.

vince young is god :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

GTWill

Established Member
jazzkiller34 said:
only because my vp told me that i was getting a shelby did i come back to this site to get more info.

vince young is god :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
He's not god but they've hung out.

Agent-GHQ

Established Member
Chill out my brother. We have family to feed too you know. I mean, its not like we are all single w/ out dependents. Its nature of the business. Without profit, there would be no business to sustain a business.

GT500SC said:
I am really F#kin pissed with this whole dealer markup bullsh#t. I have spent the last 30 years waiting for the big three one of which I work for to manufacture a car worth buying. Ford has been the first to take a chance and redesign something from the past that has raw power and style. And now the is a large chance I'll miss out out on my dream because some greety basta#ds want to clean up. Well F#ck you guys running the show at the dealerships. I hope you all die a slow death after you screw all your customers. :cuss:

Well I've been a salesman for 30,plus years now I'm a retired salesman,in the Liquor Industry. If you want the car just do as I did and get off the potty,and put your Dollars down and let it do the talking for you as I did some 12,14,months ago.Just locate a Ford Dealer that is willing to sell you this ShelbyGT500,at your agrement between you and this dealer,and stop all the bickering around,and just do it ,if your serious . Just my 2cents worth. Hope you find your dealership,I'm sure if your serious theres one out there that will accomdiate you.

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
Well I've been a salesman for 30,plus years now I'm a retired salesman,in the Liquor Industry. If you want the car just do as I did and get off the potty,and put your Dollars down and let it do the talking for you as I did some 12,14,months ago.Just locate a Ford Dealer that is willing to sell you this ShelbyGT500,at your agrement between you and this dealer,and stop all the bickering around,and just do it ,if your serious . Just my 2cents worth. Hope you find your dealership,I'm sure if your serious theres one out there that will accomdiate you.
I've had my checkbook on the table at 4 dealerships asking for MSRP. NOt one would take it. My dollars are talking, they aren't listening.

Good Luck ,just keep searching I'm sure you'll find a Ford Dealwership out there somw wheres. Maybe give SVT a call they may have an insisht on a Ford Dealership ot there that they know that will accomdiate you. You never know.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
Good Luck ,just keep searching I'm sure you'll find a Ford Dealwership out there somw wheres. Maybe give SVT a call they may have an insisht on a Ford Dealership ot there that they know that will accomdiate you. You never know.
Thanks for the encouragement.

I tried calling SVT. They said that rumor was false (that they would refer to non-ADM dealers).

In conversation with one of the dealers he told me that Ford sent him a letter when the Tbirds were first coming out that told him he needed to get at least $10k over or they would reduce his allotment. After thinking about it, that makes sense. Ford wants the hype. The more hype, the more they will sell. The gotta have its will pay over, the wait til MSRP will jump as soon as MSRP is available and the rest will be feel lucky to get one at all and jump on the deals.

I'm sure I'll get one at MSRP. I'll just have to be patient (not my strong suit).

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
I've had my checkbook on the table at 4 dealerships asking for MSRP. NOt one would take it. My dollars are talking, they aren't listening.

Thats because your dollars are in a from of a check.Go in there with 40k in cash in suitcase and see how soon youll be driving :-D "Remember Cash talks paper Checks walk"

beaner

wee-man
Established Member
gt500

i think dealers suck balls too! there should be a cap on mark up. all yhe articules i have been reading for a year have being bragging on ford building a car that the averge joe could buy and compeat with vet guys and vipers. and now that the dealers are trying to rape every one they are killing fords thoughts. i know all you guys are saying wait the price will go down but it is still not right. i wuold say that most of the people thrying to buy these are pepole that can only handle msrp mand have banking on it for a long time and to only be let down buy the dealers f#%k athon. ford needs to get a handle on there dealers or there dealers are going to loose a lot of loal customers. i myself have bought 3 cobras of show room floors for msrp or lower and have been waiting for the gt 500 . now it looks like i will be getting something different dew to the dealers attitude. i know i could wait and pick one up right but it is not the point, when i can get a new z06 for 65,800 with no mark up why would i pay the same for a gt 500 .

Crazy/Horse/-Kelvin, here is the dealership I ordered my ShelbyGT500 from,around 12/14/months ago. I know for sure they are getting 4,they told me,also they may get more, 5 or so,6,units. The've beem selling SVT products since day one that they were released back in 1993.There also are a Roush Dealership incase you want that unit. I have bought a 1996,98.cobra,97GT,2000,Lightning,from them,thats why I,m able to get one due to previous business with them.I also presently have a 2003,S281Cobra#97,that I bought from,N.C.,with Cienner/Woods Ford,at MSRP,at that time they tried to get $10,000.00 over MSRP,but I just said look if you want to sell this unit to me its at MSRP.,or lets not waste your time or mind ,and the rest is history. I mailed a certified cashers check for $49,193.00 plus tax,title,and fees,have around $54,000.00 in it total. Its for-Sale if you know some-one that wants a rare Saleen/Snake,saleen only produced 6,coupes,and 5 converitables in the 2003 cobra edition that year. If interested let me know,I want to sell it for my knew Shelby,and if not I'll keep it,has 5300,miles on it,Red-Fire coupe,and autographed by John Coletti,and Steve Saleen,with offical documents on the signatures. This is the dealewrship that I refered to was Audubon Ford,now Robinson Ford in Baton-Rouge,Louisians,Phone#-1-888-293-8111--or-1-225-293-8900--ask for-Andy,salesman,or ask for Mr. Gainner-Car Sales G.M.,they may beable to help you,you never know. You can say that I refered you to them,they know me,and I live in Lafayette,Louisiana about 40.miles weat of Baton-Rouge. I also can call Andy,or Mr. Gainer for you too see if they are all sold out in there allication on the Shelby GT500 tomorrow if you want me too. Let me know I can. I'm cleaning my saleen tomorrow to attend a car show with it for Sunday,thats all I do with it is go to car/Trucks-shows with it. I'm too afraid to drive it too much due to the crazyness of this city and all the traffic out here. I'd be extremly sad if some-one would hit my car. Well if you want give them a call or let me know and I can for you,to try to help you out.
Randy Fontenot--[337]-988-0799-Home--[337]-230-3513-Cell,

CaliCobra

Established Member
Jackie Chan said:
Im in the car business, so it won't matter to most what I post here, logical thinking is lacking here about this subject. No one wants to be accountable for what is going on.

I do beleive there is a difference between rationalization and logical thought. On the flip side, I dare say you may not acknowledge logical thought if it does not agree with your rationale. At the end of the day we each have our opinions and thats fair.

You are exactly right though, we dont disagree that the cause of the problem in reality is the customers. Frenzy is a good way to put it. These morons throw cash around which is just chum in shark infested waters.

But if some gorgeous red head came up to me naked and thru herself on her back with her legs in the air...nature would take over there too :D

Users who are viewing this thread