Dealership not honoring battery warranty help

zPipes

Established Member
I bought a Motorcraft battery in December of 2009. I don't have the original receipt, but there is a sticker on the battery that says 12/09 and also another showing the 3 year/100 month prorated warranty.

The dealership says I need an original reciept for the warranty to be honored, which I find hard to believe with a company like Motorcraft who places the warranty right on the battery, and its an 8 year warranty.

Any suggestions what I can do, at this point I'm very close to contacting Motorcraft themselves because this is bullshit.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
It's true that they will not honor them. Seems to be a money maker.

I just picked up a new battery this morning and went through the same experience. The bar codes and the numbers on the battery apparently are useless to them. I am not happy with having to pay full price for a new one, but I just did :(

Bought this last one in mid 2009 and I should have had to pay just a partial prorated fee, but since I misplaced the receipt, gotta cough up full price.

:bored:

Edit: Call motorcraft and raise hell. I don't have the patience or time to try fuggin' with them. Let us know what you find out.

Last edited:

zPipes

Established Member
Im going back to the dealership with the battery, and dropping it on the counter and not leaving without a prorated battery, or pissing off everyone in the entire building. Reciept my ass, its a scapegoat, a way out, they know people wont keep shit that long.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
3 dealerships

1. Unadilla, Georgia. The wheel studs broke on my 1996 F150 when pulling into a rest area , even though it was after closing on a weekend they sent a wrecker, loaned me a car, and sent me on my way. The event damaged the aluminum wheel. They called me 3 days later to say the truck was fixed. Some guy had totaled one just like it and they used the axle out of it, they also sold me a new aluminum wheel at cost. (my truck had 120k on it)
2. Sante Fe Ford, Florida. My mustang blew a tire off of it on the way to my parent's house in Georgia when my dad had a stroke (doing extra legal speeds) I told them I needed a car they tossed me the keys to a rental with just my driver's license, they called me and told me they ordered a new tire and my mustang would be fixed and I could pick it up on the way back down. Years later I drove 150 miles back up to SanteFe Ford to buy a new pickup truck..just because.
3. Brookesville Ford, Brookesville, FL. My F150 had just..just got out of warranty when the POS gas door fell off of it, I asked them to please warranty is since I hauled my FORD race car with it, and I had owned nothing but FORDs since 1992 6 of them mustangs. They refused. Brookesville Ford can kiss my white, anglo saxon protestant butt, I will never buy anything from them again, I'd drive to Unadilla Georgia first. I don't give a crap if they are 20 minutes from my house.

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
if you bought it from a Ford dealer they should be able to pull up your old invoice...problem solved......

POPPAJ

Established Member
Oh, by the way. FORD's latest battery policy is that you can't just take them the battery in for an exchange. It has to be in a vehicle. I had the receipt for a 6 month old battery which died and wouldn't take a charge. Took the receipt and the battery into my local FORD dealer and was told that the battery would have to be in a car. I said, "So what I need to do is drive my vehicle here(I had already gotten a replacement battery), put in the FU battery in so you can test it and see if it will be replaced?" YUP!

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
The receipt thing is pretty common. The real bitch is even if you had it, you probably couldn't read it. I swear they are printed in disappearing ink. The last place I bought a battery actually told me to make a copy of it because the ink would fade so quickly. You could always try printing a credit card invoice unless you paid cash.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Poor customer service deserves no repeat business. Talk to the store manager...call your local BBB...

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
Poor customer service deserves no repeat business. Talk to the store manager...call your local BBB...

The battery just went bad on my wife's Expedition this morning. We bought the vehicle used last year, the battery is a Motorcraft 36 month free replacement the label on the battery says 09/13 so its in its 28th month right now and would fall under the warranty period. Should I even bother? There might be an ass kicking at the dealership if they give me a hard time for a receipt.

What about taking it over to advance auto parts? They sell Motorcraft. Any tried that?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
local auto parts stores are more lenient with something like this cause they ACTUALLY store your info in their computer, ingenius concept huh? I've taken a couple Duralast batteries back to Auto Zone without receipt and never had a problem..

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
local auto parts stores are more lenient with something like this cause they ACTUALLY store your info in their computer, ingenius concept huh? I've taken a couple Duralast batteries back to Auto Zone without receipt and never had a problem..

Dudes.... O'Reilly just replaced mine, no charge! No receipt, nothing... they honored the label on the battery, no questions asked. Hell they were even open New Year's Day!

:beer:

GerryMX

Established Member
Dudes.... O'Reilly just replaced mine, no charge! No receipt, nothing... they honored the label on the battery, no questions asked. Hell they were even open New Year's Day!

:beer:

Uncle had great experience with O'Reilly too with his battery replacement! Good guys

Users who are viewing this thread